Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Did It Too, Waterproofed My Cibola, Part 3.

skippers

I went out yesterday thinking the day after a holiday with a beach full of people would be good hunting. Wrong. Someone apparently hit the beach and the water after the crowds left. I was there before daylight, but because it was 60 degrees, I hunted the dry sand for a while waiting for the sun to come up and warm the air. I found one penny. We've been having temperatures in the high 50s and low 60s at night for a week or so and I figured the water had started getting cold. It had, so I started checking the shallow areas first and worked into the deeper areas as I got used to it. This was the last hunt for 2010, because the crowds will be much thinner and I have things going on that will keep me from making it to the park on Sunday evening or Monday morning, and I don't enjoy cold water. The time about 3 weeks ago when I went and found the gold ring, the water was about 80 degrees. Anyway, I've taken the Cibola out of the Otterbox in preparation for my trip to England at the end of this month. Attached are pictures of the few finds I made in about 3 hours of hunting, besides about 50 pieces of floating tin foil many of which I never even got to the surface. I did find another ring, sterling this time and a sterling stud earring with about an 8 -10? carat CZ?, junk jewelry along with a few coins, including a 1946 nickel. Thanks wildwiz for showing me how to do this. HH Skip

Nice jewelry finds ,congrats !

cool finds skip :thumbup:
aint it ez to go back to the stock setup
have fun in england & take lots o pix
walt

Thanks, Joel.

Yes, wildwiz. It was very easy to take apart. I enjoyed my initiation into water hunting. I plan to take a bunch of pictures in England and maybe some video. I'm going to try to get enough interesting information for another article. I will post the pictures here when I get back.

Skip