Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I DIDN'T REALLY "NEED" A NEW MACHINE, BUT, ....

MI-AuAg

I've been feeling that itch since the F75 gold came down in price dramatically. I couldn't resist anymore!

I currently have a CTX, BH Platinum (same as Teknetics Gamma 6000), and a Whites GMT. It looks like the Platinum and GMT will be up for sale soon. I only used the GMT when visiting a buddy and his wife in gold country. He has access to tailings on private land. He recently told me I should sell the GMT, since I have no use for it where I live. He has a backup Lobo ST, he said I should just use that, when I visit. When he and his wife head in my direction to visit, he can use one of my machines. Works out for both of us.

I really enjoy the process of learning the intricacy of a new machine. I don't think the F75 will disappoint.

You can't take it with you, enjoy life while your able and that's exactly what your doing. Lots of positive feedback on the forum about that F75, I'm sure you will enjoy that machine, my brother has one and he loves his.

still looking 52 said:
You can't take it with you, enjoy life while your able and that's exactly what your doing. Lots of positive feedback on the forum about that F75, I'm sure you will enjoy that machine, my brother has one and he loves his.

We sure can't take it with us. Not sure what we'd do with it if we could?

Selling the GMT and Platinum, should more than cover the cost of the F75. ($500.00 is an exceptional price for the F75) I prefer not to accumulate too many machines anyway, I can only swing one at a time.

I am looking forward to checking out the F75 with the DST. Hopefully EMI will not be an issue. From most reports I have read, the users who had the upgrade on older models, and users of the current model, EMI isn't a problem.

I have had 2 of the gold F75's and 2 of the black F75's with the boost processor, I would not go back to gold mode.

Now knowing what I know now and only had about $500 to spend I would put my money in a F5 over the gold F75, now the black with the boost will keep up with a F5 but the gold will not.

I am running the black F75 and my brother posting above still looking 52 runs a used F5 with the 11"DD coil and I can tell you he is hard to beat on any given days hunt.

These are my thoughts on the machines.

Ron in WV

Hey WV62, I've been impressed with the F5 for some time. It's a great little machine. I love the screen layout, and the continuous ground phase readout. I am pretty serious about changing ground conditions, as they can have a big effect on performance. The F5 is a very nice machine.

I tend to look at the little things sometimes. I've had a 7.8 khz machine for over 7 yrs, which I believe the F5 operates at also. It's an excellent all around frequency, but, I had a desire to get a machine running at a higher frequency and give it a shot. The F75, at 13 khz punched that ticket for me. The F5 powers up with two 9 volt batteries, as opposed to AA's for the F75, not a huge deal, but those 9's cost a good bit more. In terms of sheer bang for the buck, the F75 was hard to pass up in my mind. I'm seeing pretty good feedback on the current DST model.

It's gonna share duty with my CTX, which I've been using for three yrs, so in terms detecting power, I know I won't be coming up short between the two.

Well it looks like you have done your home work and I wish you the best of luck with your machine. It is for sure a really good machine, and I think they have added the FA processor to it along with DST. For clad stabbing and working in the trash the FA processor is really good.

HH Ron in WV

I use an F70, no DST, less features than that F75...still find a ton.
I do have a form of boost and use it all the time here in the SE mineralization to help punch through my iron heavy invested sites but I probably don't need to, faster speed still works pretty well.
In great soil in the Midwest the large F75 coil you have got deeper than I thought possible without boost so if that is your type of soil you won't be missing much.

This is my greatest coin spill so far, in Kansas soil in an area of the greatest amount of EMI I ever encountered using DE speed, (yours), the thing still stopped jumping around and indicated something good down there at 8" and there was an old wheat and 3 Indians.

3%20ih_zps9osyngul.jpg

In another area of that park away from that EMI I dug the deepest target I ever went after...a measured 15" with sense and thresh maxed but again with no boost.
Surprisingly I got solid tones and pretty accurate VDI numbers in the high 20's to low 30's on every pass from 2 directions which is why I went after it even though my pinpoint depth said 14".
This thumb ringer off an old bicycle bell was what it was, I was shocked there was actually something down there that deep.

P1040955_zps3vpu65a3.jpg

In iron this thing will surprise you, the large coil works well but the small DD sniper mounted will shock you on how it can pick out the non ferrous stuff easily once you learn how.

The Fishers have a colorful language and are adept at hunting most everywhere but there is also another deeper, hidden language they possess when hunting in difficult conditions like heavy mineralization or intense iron.
Your jaw will drop consistently from the first day you turn it on as you learn that obvious language, spend time learning that second language and shock and awe will follow.

Good stuff there REVIER. If I recall correctly the "boost" you're referring to is called slow mode, or something to that effect, on some models of the F70?

The ground in my area is generally mild, but, in some areas it can get pretty hot. I have encountered pockets of heavy mineralization. Of course the dreaded black sand pockets along the shore of Lake Michigan. I used to practice with my GMT for a trip out west nugget hunting in the black sand. I really like the ground phase information on many First Texas machines.

Learning the responses is what I am looking forward to, especially in trashy areas where those good targets are nestled in with iron.

I have F75Ltd upgraded to 2 level, and I hardly ever use anything but boost after I tested the difference in depth. After testing the F5 that my brother has, my dE numbers were a lot lower so I took a look at my boost numbers and they were in the ball park with the F5 numbers.

That is why I posted my above post about the F5 and the F75 gold. I have had 2 of the golds and they are really good machines, but without boost I don't think it will keep up with the F5.

Now you may think I have I have a F5, but I do not own one. I bought one used and sold it to my brother, and we hunt a lot together and and his silver coin count is just about double mine with my F75. So I kind of go by the score card and the F5 is in the lead for about the past 3 years running.

Ron in WV

I'm kinda thinking there are a few variables at play in your brothers higher silver coin totals Ron.

Your brother's F5 operates at a lower 7.8 khz than your 13 khz F75. Lower frequencies are better at high conductors, like silver. That may give the F5 a bit of an edge on deeper silver.

Unless he is following behind you, going over the same ground you detected and finding silver you definitely missed, it's more conjecture, that his totals are ALL due to to any F5 superiority.
A good portion of metal detecting remains simple luck. If we don't put that coil over a good target, we can't find it. Maybe in part, your brother has been a bit more fortunate in that respect?

You will love it, especially the FA Mode in trash. It will be a great companion to your CTX.

HH
Mike

Mike Hillis said:
You will love it, especially the FA Mode in trash. It will be a great companion to your CTX.

HH
Mike

Totally agree about the FA mode Mike. It got my attention when taking a closer look at the current features of the F75 DST gold. I think it will be a pretty dynamic duo.