Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I didn't run out of coins I ran out energy to dig anymore coins :cry:

zeekeys

106 coins and it was rest and nap time so went home. Had a good time digging and wow what a penny day. Will continue the same place I left off next time out. Thanks for looking......Z

Man, you are on a coin digging roll. And to top it off, you are spicing up your hunts with some silver jewelry. Outstanding outing Z! HH jim tn

They've got wheelbarrows on sale at Lowe's this weekend, sounds like you need to get down there and get a heavy duty one. That's a good problem to have so many coins you can't dig them all. Haven't been out myself in about a week but reading your post has got me wanting to get back out there and do some digging myself, another nice hunt, keep the post coming.

Thanks guys for replies.
Jim the ring is a nice one only bent up, after I clean it up a little my hunting partner is going to see if he can put life back into the ring. My partner and I got about the same amount of coins and both exhausted from heat and sun. He said "you and your bloody pennies." I said you don't have to come with me. Hell no I am coming again it was fun digging all those coins.
Doc not only did I take a nap but took off yesterday to recoop. That is a lot of coin popping and up and downs for an older distinguished fellow like myself.:pinnochio
Still looking 52 I have been trying to lighten the load that I carry around. I have got it down to coin apron, screwdriver,knee pad, pin pointer and detector. If only I could do something about the old guy I carry around? I start off young and go down hill fast to old and tired. I just don't seem to be able to do anything about me? I am happy I can get out as much as I do and enjoy detecting so much. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Trails.........Z

Hey Z-----Quit digging all those "stinkin Zincolns" (Zinc pennies) and you can last longer!----Or was they coppers?---a guy can't tell them from a dime (at least I can't).------I hear ya on the nap!----Getting down & back up just ain't what it used to be, huh!--I'm 76-------We're still "in the game" though & that's what's important.:thumbup:-------Congrats on getting out & finding that stuff.-----------Del

Hey Del most are zinc's. I keep thinking about not digging those zinc's but there are some good targets that come into the zinc range. Wheat's, Injun's, ring's, and other odd ball keepers. I have had pocket spills come in at zinc's that have had a multiple of quarters and dimes in the spills. I use a aluminium walking cane in the lowest position to help me get up and down. It is light and easy to carry with the screwdriver in one hand and detector in the other one. No I can't tell a dime from copper penny at times. At 76 and still going, that is great. I am 74 and having to take it much slower and easier but still am getting out 4 to 5 times a week. Very few hunts over 4 hours. Always have to have a nap in the afternoon after a hunt. It is good for me. I metal detect in the summer and read my Kindle in the winter. Not much for winter anymore. Great to hear from you Del........Z

Zeekeys,
I applaud your effort! I hope I'm still plucking them out of the ground in my seventies! I'll admit, I get lazy. I always want to come home with a pouch full of coins but after two or three hours digging pennies, I start getting picky and shoot for nickels, dimes and quarters and leave the pennies. Don't get me wrong, a penny beats a pull tab any day, but after digging ten crusty corroded zincs in a row, the sweet sound of a quarter is music to your ears!

Oh how I know what you are talking about! Try digging over 100 pennies in one hunt, nothing but pennies! I took 1,000 pennies out of a closed volley ball court. I think I got maybe a few dimes and nothing else. I can still go back there a pick up a few more but it is getting pretty close to empty of pennies. The way around it diggindad is only count the coins and not the amount. If I dig 100 coins and there are 70 pennies it still is 100 coins and that is what I have been doing for years. Counting the coins, not the amount. I keep track of the number of coins I find for the season. I have 2,119 coins: 1280 pennies= 60.41%. 140 nickles= 6.61%. 362 dimes= 17.08%. 335 quarters= 15.81%. 2 dollars= .09% of my finds. Also keep track of my hunts. A day is a hunt if it is 1 hour or 5 hours? It is a hunt and I haven't had a 5 hour in this season. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Trails.....Z