Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

i do not understand the silencer & power settings

rarysgaard

I have a question, what are the silencer & the power settings for & how do they effect the overall detecting? Thanks.

The silencer is a filter that can knock out a lot of the crackling and false signals that are common when hunting in iron trash. Turning it up can quiet things down quite a bit. Good for a nice leisurely hunt, or for those new to the machine. It can however, filter out the signal of a good target next to iron if set too high, so for that reason it

Hi Bob,

I'll try to explain as best I can.

The silencer is a function which can either eliminate or enhance iron "noise." The lower the silencer, the more crackly the audio will be on iron. The higher you set the silencer, the stronger the filter for the silencer meaning the less broken up of a sound you will get from iron.

I run mine at "-1" as athenase stated.

As for Tx power, this is the transmitting power of the detector. This means how much power is put into the outgoing signal into the ground. Now, you might think that this is an easy one and to set it at 3 would be logical because you want to get the best penetration. but this is not always the case. I run my Tx power at a value of "2." This is due to our somewhat mineralized ground here in Minnesota.

Running your Tx power too high is like running your high beams on your car while driving in fog. It is actually counterproductive and will reduce your performance. From all the testing that I have done here in MN, I would keep it in "2" if I were you.

I hope I answered you questions. -Marc