Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I downgraded and am glad I did!!!!

dont know nutin

I am new to this hobby and find it MOST ENJOYABLE! I got a new Safari and they threw in a new BH 505 in the deal. I started using the Safari but was finding very little with it. I decided to try out the 505 and WOW! what a difference! I was finding coins everywhere I looked!. So I sold the Safari to my neighbor for $200.00 and only use the 505!. I only wish I had known how good the 505 was before I paid the bucks for that Safari. O well live and learn I guess. At least now I am haveing more finds and more fun! I guess the Safari is good for some people but I wanted to find more coins!. My only regret is my neighbor made me throw in my new headphones in with the deal. now I have to buy some new ones!:yo:

Sometimes simpler is better. But why did you sell the Safari so cheap? You could have kept if for a back up machine for $200?

Used stuff doesnt sell for much around these parts. But at least I made my neighbor happy! He has been wanting a detector for his 11 year old son.

Not being a wise guy here..but he took advantage of you unless neither one of you knew the rersale value of the Safari..........

You could have gotten 600 maybe 700 for the Safari in a heart beat..Gez man I hate you lost money...Or if it was mutual very nice deal you gave the neighbor...

n/t

The Mine lab Safari might be OK for some folks but I couldn't find anything with it. now, the Bounty Hunter 505 now that's a new story since I started using the 505 all I seem to find is COINS! Now I am a happy camper for sure! I guess the proof is in the pudding!. At least I managed to get $200.00 of the money I spent on the Safari so its not a total loss!

I'm a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around". You gave someone a great deal on a decent machine. You will get it back later. That Bounty Hunter may find you a nice ring or an 1877 Indian Head. Then it will be payback. Besides, that kid will probably remember that machine for the rest of his life. Good job!!

:yikes: Really 200.00 wow, I have not used the safari but did use the quattro and they are hard to master but when you do the benefits of the fbs are really apparent. I use the Explorer SE and all I can say about it is holly cow and I have used lots of machines including the bounty hunter. I'm sure you could have traded it for even an older Explorer and not been disappointed. I mean really I haven't been a coin shooter for very long ( about a year now ) Started with bounty hunter then F2 then X-Terra 50 then X-Terra 70 then the SE, and the Quattro for a brief spell. and I have to say the Explorer is unbelievable.

Strangest story I've read since I joined the forums... sounds almost made up.

You went from a fast modern machine with full discim/notch, TID, AND a DD coil to a system designed so parents have something to buy the kid that has everything. AND found more. Sooooo...you sell a $1000 machine for $200....:lmfao:

What time is on your VCR/DVD player right now? Does it blink like this ==> 12:00? :laugh:

Heck if its for his 11 year old son. I have a brand new ACE 250 Id trade straight across. then he wont get discouraged either.:blink:

I think that the young man will do ok with that detector.
That is a good deal for sure.
dont know nuttin that was generous and your business to do whatever your wanted with this detector.
I support whatever you did regardless what others think and say:thumbup:

Money isn't everything! My wife and I are well off. Sometimes its nice to help others out. The neighbors here are struggling. Their kid doesnt have much to play with! Just seeing his face when he got that detector was worth it!

I meant it as a joke no harm intended. Happy hunting and hope you find lots of coins, for your good deed.:thumbup:

If you could not find anything with it how is the kid going to?

That unit, if it is anything like the Etrek or the Explorer has a fairly steep learning curve. For that reason I will stick to my XTerra 70 with a DD coil for a while. Sure a cheaper machine finds coins but the better Minelabs take a lot of the work out and cover more and more deeper.

Call me when they have a garage sale.

Good Luck

Hopefully your neighbor helped you back onto the turnip truck.:rofl:

In all seriousness, if you sold your detector to some poor neighbors out of kindness so that their child could have an expensive toy that was a very nice thing to do. You're blessed to be in a position to help since you and your wife are well off and the neighbors are struggling. Sounds like a lot of income disparity in your neighborhood.

At least the poor neighbors could afford $200 for something that was not a necessity. If this story is true, I've got a feeling the second that kid gets tired of detecting (if not sooner) Mommy and Daddy are gonna pick up a quick $500 or so profit on Ebay or Craigslist.

But some of your comments didn't sound particularly altruistic.

Like when you said "My only regret is my neighbor made me throw in my new headphones in with the deal. now I have to buy some new ones." Or when you said "Used stuff doesnt sell for much around these parts." and also when you said "At least I managed to get $200.00 of the money I spent on the Safari so its not a total loss!"

This is a strange thread and I can't help but wonder...

Are we being punk'd?

Lets see here. Bought a new Safari for lets say $1,000.00. Did not like it. Found nothing.......sold it for $200.00. Says he can afford to give it away. Maybe so. Says...."Used stuff doesnt sell for much around these parts." Yeah but E-bay is everywhere. Something is fishy here!

Now he loves his Bounty Hunter 505. Fine. For a hundred bucks, you get what you pay for.

Sounds like some of the rants of the "I hate those Minelab owners" groups that are around. Lets face the facts. There are people out there who hate Minelab. And the people who use them.

I've run into that before out in the field. This one guy came up to me and asked how I liked my E-trac. I told him, " I love it. The best machine I've ever owned."

He then went on to tell me how he had one a few months ago and sold it because he thought it was junk and never found anything with it. He went back to his Coinsmaster and is so glad he kept his Cainmaster and has a full bank account again. He went on to tell me how foolish I was getting one. " You should have bought a used machine and saved all kinds of money." was his final comment. I kid you not! I ended up just walking away from him shaking my head in disbelief.

You will also see on other forums the same attitude. I call it detector envy. It is sort of like when some people driving a Yugo see a very expensive car on the road. They make comments on "what a waste of money that is." Yeah but they enjoy driving that car. And they can afford it. So why not?

Same with the Minelab machines. Some people will never be able to afford one. So they talk them down. DETECTOR ENVY:rofl: I tell ya!