Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I figured what the hey-share my finds w/Findmall folks

Danimal

I haven't posted here much lately, but when I noticed my friend Bob posted his results from last weekend's hunt on the Minelab Explorer forum here, I figured I would chime in.
Rather than repost, I'll give you the link to his post. This is a spot I found through researching old maps and about 20 hrs in the field narrowing down locations (old picnic grove). I use a Garrett ACE250. My finds are posted near the end of his thread. As Mirage and I met online and have hunted together quite a few times now, I figured that I would share the wealth so to speak. Real details of location will not be given for obvious reasons.
Pictured here are my finds from just last weekend.
90 wheats
11 mercs
11 rosies
4 washingtons
10 buffalos!
3 war nickles
whew!

HH all!

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,416452,416827#msg-416827

Nice finds Danimal. I love to hunt old picnic groves. There is just no telling what you might find. This one church picnic grove that I hunted a couple years ago was supposedly hunted out over the years. However it produced several nice keepers including an 1830's era gold wedding ring and half of a 2-piece confederate belt buckle. Like I said you just never know.Thanks for sharing your finds and happy hunting!

Very nice and Well Done! Thats what it is all about.

They were all found in one small area. My guess is that they were bagged and the bag long ago rotted away. I really didn't sift or look further, but I may now. Someone on another forum said that one of them looked like a rare type!

Ace comes through again. 90 Wheats. Still amazes me that between the two of us we dug 157 wheat pennies....

Bob