Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I finally got the one tesoro Ive never owned

Neil

I bought a golden umax...its got the anodized rod and the white spoked coil. I had a couple of golden sabre 11s years ago and most of the other tesoros but never got my hands on one of these.
Looking forward to getting it, gonna look on you tube to hopefully find some videos on adjusting it (if I need to)
and just hear how it sounds.

Neil-----Congrats on the Golden purchase.-----Tabman had some good settings on this detector but he isn't around anymore.----You might do a search & pull up some info he had on it.---------Del

Thank you Del. I think I remember him, did he go to another detector or doesn't detect anymore?

tabb still going, post on another forum a bit. Still swiping the tesoros and looks like trying some other brands....pigs must be flying.

Guess we are in the same boat Neil...I just bought a old tone Golden uMax as well...there are some great post by other members on here as mentioned Tabman, hihosilver,Mike Hillis ,Michigan JB(MS) and a few more.
Read read read.....their past post are very informative.. and it will start to click in..get lots of test material,small gold rings,small white gold rings...pulltabs of every kind.... sports drink foil tops tinfoil candy rappers and coins silver to copper including zinc penny's.
And then start playing with your new golden:)

Cheers...Bob HH

He was banned off of this Forum Neil.----He is still detecting & he still uses Tesoro detectors (as well as other brands).
Neil said:
Thank you Del. I think I remember him, did he go to another detector or doesn't detect anymore?

Nice catch Neil,

I'd been hunting for one myself and finally.landed one. It should be here later in the week. I've had multi-tone detectors for a long time, There are some pro's and con's to multi-tones for me, but I think that having 2-4 tones is an effective way to hunt. (Fishers' old CZ line being an example)

I'm going to be keeping an eye here on the beep-n-dig forum. Hoping to see some discussion and success stories. And I hope to have something worth posting myself.

Rich (Utah)

Congrats on nabbing the Golden micromax! Give yourself time to learn it's nuances. I have the older tone configuration that keeps the tones in the proper conductive order. Both versions will do the same thing, they just switch out the two middle tones and the new version spreads the tones out a bit better. I have had no trouble discerning the two middle tones with my older version.

I can offer three insights from my own experience, first, I think a fresh 9-volt is key to the best depth. Second, use as little disc as you can stand, with tones, you can do that and not dig everything, but sometimes the iron and other junk gets thick and you have to turn the disc up to avoid insanity. Third, I prefer a smaller coil. The 9 x 8 sometimes offered too many mixed tones and it often gave a high tone on deeper pulltabs. Once I put the 7" WS on it, all that changed. Bottle caps rarely fool me, deeper tabs don't come in with a high tone, and there is better separation or distinctiveness to the tones. Mine was sent in to be calibrated with that coil, for best possible performance.

Finally, ALWAYS dig that nickel tone (the lower middle tone on mine) cause those are the range of the smaller gold rings.

Good luck.

hihosilver,

Thanks for the tips. Greatly appreciated. Busy looking for the best locations to for field testing.

Rich

I had a store and sold Tesoro for many years owned/rented/loaned/gifted and always great. I kept my clunky old school Golden Sabre as that notch is fantastic, finally sold the El Dorado because I love my TLST so much. But my trusty gb2 is always in the truck also. Rusty in customer service is the best and redone my units throughout wow almost 30 years..I'm soooo old-John

Well I just picked one up myself with New Tones. Been wanting to try a Golden For years. Love 4 Tone I.D. as 4 is Perfect amount IMHO. I even use 4 Tones on My Etrac. Heard they are not depth demons,But thats O.K. as My other 2 are. Got it for Newer parks for gold jewelry hunting more than deep Coins. Still have plenty close By so will see how it plays out.