Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I finally pulled the trigger

dan b

I have an ATMax on the way. Thanks Bart.

I have a bunch of coils and accessories for my ATPro which will also work on the Max, so it was a logical decision. I think I'll invest in the NEL Thunder coil too. I love the Storm on my Pro.

I went with the US version because I prefer the tone break to be higher. I guess I'm used to that with my US ATPro, so I don't want high tones on what should be mid tone targets. Maybe the next generation AT machine will allow us to set that.

Now if the weather would only cooperate!

Bart is a great guy to deal with. That was a good decision, considering you already have other coils that will fit. Sometimes switching a coil on a metal detector is like using a completely different machine at a fraction of the cost!

Good luck with your machine. I think you will love it.:inlove:

Below are the results of some air tests I did last year to compare the differences using the MAX in true all metal mode vs. zero discriminate. Now you probably won't get those numbers in your soil, but an air test can show the maximum potential of a metal detector's depth.

Thanks for those charts. Here in southern Ontario my ATPro ground balances from 88-90. I think that's pretty mineralized, but I don't really know how other parts of the country check out. We have huge salt mines underground, so I'm guessing the soil is fairly salty as well. I'm not about to taste it to find out. :lol:

How do the AT machines ground balance in Edmonton?

Thanks,

Dan