Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I found a Button

GeorgeinSC

I found this button a couple of weeks ago at the Beach. Everything that I can find indicates that it may be from the Civil War era.

Wondering what some of you that are far more versed in relics from that era might think.

[attachment 326824 button.jpg] [attachment 326824 button.jpg]

George, Nice find! This is what I could dig up on it.

It is a Naval button. The original design was from the 1850s .... Could be CW but there were many variants of this button as this pattern was in use up until 1941. Note how the eagle is facing left and how the upper part of the anchor is slightly behind the left wing. Looks like #112 in Alberts book.

Thanks. CCH:clapping:

Thanks CCH. I was looking at the reverse of the button to. Try to get close to years of mfg. Not owning a button book makes it difficu