Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I found Grandpa George !

drkp88

Friday I got permission to hunt a small farm field area that is being developed for housing. The contractor really gouged it out to put in an access road. I thought maybe the residual dirt would produce. Well, it didn't - lol ! He really went deep!
There was a small grass area with a large tree bordering the road and I had luck there. First target was a decent KG I dated 1724. The ground was rocky and it was only 2-3 in. deep. I've found a number of KG IIs in the past and a few KG IIIs but this is only the 2nd or 3rd KG I I've found.
I also found a "domed" button, a harness buckle and a bell (too bad it was damaged previously).
All in all it was a nice two hour hunt and I plan to go back as the work progresses.
Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

Connecticut. This is actually a fertile area for Colonial coppers and Spanish silver if you know where to look (sometimes they show up in areas where not expected too - lol ).
Bruce

Nice Bruce :thumbup: