Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I found some weird items yesterday with my Deus (9" coil)

Kevin B.

I have a site in town where the nails and other iron is SO thick that if you move the coil a half inch...you get grunting....and more than ONE grunt. But anyway, I had time for about a one hour hunt yesterday. I got to the site. Put the Deus in 'Deus Fast', raised the sens to 97, lowered the Disc to around 4 (I'm still kinda cherry pickin this site which has produced some Minie Balls, Round Balls, a local staff officer Union button front, and a general service button) Plus a silver Rosie, harmonica reed, 69 cal bullets, etc etc etc. All with the XP Deus and ALL of the stuff was embedded in a mass of iron nails. Also, an Indian Head (1901) and several Wheaties (including a 191:geek:. I just listed them as I remembered them. But anyway, here's acouple of pics of some non-ferrous items from this site that I found in an hour of swinging yesterday:
100_0053_zps2cb9253e.jpg

100_0054_zps246d8e22.jpg

I placed a clad dime, that I found yesterday in the center of the top pic as a comparative. Has anyone ever seen such a monstrosity as that star looking thing-a-ma-jig???? Please notice the bottom pic and the three spots where connectors use to be. And it is made of a thin metal that is.....corrugated??? Or wrinkled up purposefully.....or something. It is hard to describe. Pics don't really convey the texture of the metal. Whatever it is....I'm glad I found it. I guess. I thought at first that it was the face mask that Barnacle Boy (of SpongeBob fame) wore. I wanted to return it to him for a hefty reward......but I can't swim.
PS: One find was a pocket knife with a brass plate on the handle that says "STAR BRAND SHOES ARE BETTER". The knife was whole in the ground, but came into pieces upon careful extraction (yeah right....I grabbed it and said: Looky here....an old pocket knife!!!) lol

:thumbup::thumbup: