Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I found this blade metal detecting a civil war camp, does anyone know if this could be time period? I found it about 6 inches in the ground.

20210508_152309.jpg
20210508_152247.jpg

Neat find!!!

Interesting find!!!
If it is a known camp, I would say very good chance of it being a period piece.
Have you found anything
Interesting find!!!
If it is a known camp, I would say very good chance of it being a period piece.
Have you found anything else civil war related there?

The place is only know to a few people but It was a very large camp, it held up to 30,000 men at one point in the war. The area is so large its hard to pinpoint exactly where artifacts are, but to answer you question the only other thing I have found back there is an old buckle.

I think a good chance it could be period, its certainly been in the ground a good while it appears. Does seem like a few bullet drops, buttons and the like would have turned up on an encampment of that size, though. HH jim tn

I think a good chance it could be period, its certainly been in the ground a good while it appears. Does seem like a few bullet drops, buttons and the like would have turned up on an encampment of that size,

I think a good chance it could be period, its certainly been in the ground a good while it appears. Does seem like a few bullet drops, buttons and the like would have turned up on an encampment of that size, though. HH jim tn
Yeah the place is only know to a few people but those few people have detected the place heavy back in the 70s and 80s. I'm still trying to narrow down the exact location where they would have camped, it's kinda difficult because I don't know where to start.

It was about 6 inches in the ground, what makes you think it was a surface find?
It just has that weathered look. I see your coil in the pic and also assume its as found, no dirt, not much rust, with visible pitting. Looks like one of those horseshoes I find hanging on tree branches.