Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

i found this on the shores of lake superior

pcadeau906

so during the summer I went swimming in lake superior in the u.p. of Michigan on us 41 between L'Anse and Baraga when I got out of the water started looking for copper or whatever was around I found this big unusual rock I thought ah its nothing went to move it with one hand it wouldn't move so I rolled it I noticed some spots were rounded and it had a silver like look so I picked it up took a pic of how big it was
I when I got it home I took a hammer broke a chunk off to have a further inspection months passed it sat by my laptop didn't think of it I recently looked at it again and did my research for our area I know there's lots of copper in the area and reports of silver some gold the chunk I have is heavy like copper but has a rusty look I know copper turns green or like a turquoise color today I took it to the local gem n gift the lady looked at it said it looks to be silver asked me if its magnetic I said no she asked for help I think from the owner he looked at it right away said its slag iron what stumps me wouldn't slag iron be magnetic and if its that close to water wouldn't it be more rusty than this he also said its not a meteorite I said I know that cause meteorites are mostly iron but he kept saying its iron slag the closest iron mine is 65 miles away then he said its copper slag that floated from the mine in Houghton that's 27 miles away this chunk is the size of a tennis ball it probably weighs about 4 5 # my big question is is iron slag magnetic if not would it be used to make a highway by the lake I know on the other side of the highway is like a swamp and the side I found this at is like beachfront sandy and rocky area

Post a picture on the WhatsIt forum. Someone will know...

G...