Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I get my V3i today :beers:

Tony (Michigan)

I get my V3i today.
I am used to swinging those "multi-frequency" detectors and so am going to try out the V3i and see how it does.

I'm sure it's going to take some time to interpret the sounds rather than just going by VDI.

I've heard that the lowest freq. punches deepest? I'm curious how much deeper than running the three freqs together?

It will come with three coils. Plus I have the 13" SEF. I ordered the RNB Li-Ion battery pack. Now I just need to order the rain and dust covers.

Hi Tony,
This will help you get started. Just something I put together to help me with understanding the Gain and Threshold interactions. Just remember that on the V3, the Gain is call RX-Gain, and the Threshold is called Discrimination. I was using the 950 concentric coil.

For each Gain section, the top row is three frequency response, the bottom row is single frequency response. Shout out if you need additional clarification of what you are looking at.

As you can see, single frequency really starts to pull ahead as the gain setting increases. I only filled in the blanks until I got the picture I needed to see. Others might need more blanks filled in. Someday I might finish it for my own reference.

More than likely you'd want to make your own.

HH
Mike

Mike Hillis said:
Hi Tony,
This will help you get started. Just something I put together to help me with understanding the Gain and Threshold interactions. Just remember that on the V3, the Gain is call RX-Gain, and the Threshold is called Discrimination. I was using the 950 concentric coil.

For each Gain section, the top row is three frequency response, the bottom row is single frequency response. Shout out if you need additional clarification of what you are looking at.

As you can see, single frequency really starts to pull ahead as the gain setting increases. I only filled in the blanks until I got the picture I needed to see. Others might need more blanks filled in. Someday I might finish it for my own reference.

More than likely you'd want to make your own.

HH
Mike

I'm kind of lost on the chart. Under Threshold, what does "20, 40, 60, 80,85, 90," represent?
I'm not sure what the numbers under the 20,40, 60 etc. represent either.

Mike, your chart is very interesting and informative. Very good depths for most coin shooting situations using relatively low gain & disc (threshold) sensitivity settings. Then by switching to single frequency using the same disc & gain settings achieves additional depth.

Thanks for sharing.