Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I got a question about the scoops y'all use

d-2

I mainly detect for CW relics but for Christmas I got a metal detector I can use in water. I have used it in the swimming holes in the river. I have a metal hand held scoop that I use to dig up my treasures, now here is my question. I have read about the diamond head scoop and it looks great but here there is very little sand in our swimming holes it's mainly a gravel botttom. Can I use one of those type scoops in gravel or are they only recommended for sand? They look like they would make digging easier with out all the bending over that I do now. Thanks...d2

The first 2 photos are of a very rocky and shell laden beach. We have the Diamond head scoop and it is excellent in that enviroment. It is a little on the heavy side but well worth the investment.

when i lived up north (Ohio) a lot of the lakes had clay and rock mix.the best scoop iv used in that was the Stealth SS scoop (Google it).down here in the south i use aluminum from Rilley's .works great in the sand.