Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I got my new MXSport from White's

It's not quite right....but overall it's great. I'm keeping this one. It is a really a very impressive detector. Both the 10" and 6x10 coils are impressive in performance too.

I'll be taking it out as deep as I can go in the water today.

Rick

How did the trip into the Water go?

Rich (Utah)

Hello Rich,

I've taken my MX Sport out three times in the water, no issues with leakage.

Yesterday, was using both the MX Sport and White's pi with water 950 coil, seeing if any differences with drag when submerged. The 950 coil on the Pi is a little easier to swing, but it tends to constantly be adjusted on the front coil portion as it was always moving upward. Didn't have this issue with the MX Sport 10" DD, remained level and doesn't float.

Pros and cons with both coils, I like the center mount portion of the 10" coil, if it was thinner drag would be less but over all the coil is great for water. Little on the drag side but I believe that's due to the coil thickness.

Plus, boy my MX Sport operates great in mineralized fresh water. Prospecting mode is best, use lowest SAT possible.

I ran mine with SAT at 3 sometimes 4, sens at 6, VCO ON position and of course with Prospecting mode.

Paul

Thanks Paul for in informatiom. I!ve ran mine only in salt water so using beach mode, sensitivity 4-5. I'll start trying the Prospect mode and see what I can do with it.