Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I got my sand shark today

SpiritRelic

I have had the shark on layaway.Looks like i am changing gears for a while.I plan to hit the wet sand with the shark and hit the dry sand with the outlaw.The new shark looks and feels so well built.I will have total confidence in this pi detector this summer.Maybe i can do a short vid at the beach with the shark.Something else i have thought about.I can now get to salt water marsh areas that the vlf detector can not get to due to the increase in salt minerialization.Meaning with this pi detector i can hunt deeply around marshy banks.I would actually like to run the shark in a wooded type relic hunt environment to see how it would do_Of course i would hit a lot of iron.But it would not hurt to experiment.Well off to the beach i go.I will miss my relic hunting,but i got plenty of time to be prepared for next winter.Until then i have a beach to search out.These punk beach bums swinging down the beach this year ain't finding nothing.If i have to i will get a clean sweep for the tejon,whatever it takes.I will not be punked around on the beach this year.I am working on new strategies every day.I hope to a least find one gold ring. :-D

I trust you have a good scoop! You will need it. Don't swing the Sand Shark too fast and good luck to you!

Aren't them marshes down there full of nasty critters that bite?

Am i glad i got the sand shark instead of the headhunter!.Ok,i will give it to the headhunter for more air test distance on a nickel,but that is it.All the other stuff the shark can do,and the super stability blows the headhunter out of the water!.The vco sounds like a vlf detector!.This is of heard of in the pi world.And then to top it off,you can set your preferred tone.I got a feeling i should do good with this detector.Thanks for the advise tvr.That is my next move,a good scoop.Until i get one i have to make due with a heavy duty hand scoop.I really have my mind made up to really learn this detector.You can not blame tesoro for hard wiring the coil and phones.It is very difficult to rely on a break away connector to remain water proofed.I want to start hitting the beach now and get practiced up good. :-D

Congrats from an Old and Long Time Tiger Shark user. You now have the best fresh water machine made, in my opinion, for hunting. Like I tell everyone, listen for the Quack of a Duck! LOL Really, if it sounds like a Duck, very good chance it's gold! Almost always let me say.!!!! The only thing I never liked about the Tiger Shark, is how Tesoro Markets it, by saying it is a do all detector, both salt and fresh water. IT IS NOT!!!!!! When I lived in New England and hunted the beaches of NY, CT, RI, and even MA and Maine, I could never get the Tiger to stabalize in the salt water. What I'm saying is, once you put the coil into the salt water, if falses very badly, to the point that you can't tell if target or not and lose the threshold tone. On The Salt Water wet sand and dry it is fine. Fresh water is where it kicks butt totaly!!! Also, some say turn down the sensitivity to get it to run in salt water, I tried that and had to turn it down so much I would get no depth at all, not to mention it still falsed very badly.

Best of luck and you will love it for fresh water, dry salt sand and wet sand. Tesoro to this day should really look at the fact that they say you can hunt in the Salt water with it also,Which is NOT TRUE) and sell it for what it is. It's still great at what it does best.

Great Hunts Ahead Friend!! and Congrats Again.
Ned

The SandShark Ned.I am thinking if i can work this thing up in the dry sand,then there will be no need at all to bring a vlf to the beach really.You really should just dig everything in the dry sand anyway?Ned the SandShark :laugh:

congad on on your new sand shark.you can walk from wet to dry and back again and the threshold will not change.good luck and keep us updated

Congrats on your new unit !!

I received my new Tiger Shark and Sand Shark last week. Both have 8" coils and both are on straight shafts. I am an avid freshwater hunter. I hunted with the Tiger Shark yesterday in a spot that I hunt very hard before with other units and it was like hunting a new spot all over again. I must have lost my mind several years ago when I decided to sell my old Tiger and Sand Shark for another brand water unit. Glad I have both back now.

SpiritRelic said:
... a good scoop. Until i get one i have to make due with a heavy duty hand scoop.

If you are not actually in the water a shovel does well. Two weeks ago I was reminded how well one does when I ran into a gentleman I had seen before a couple of years ago. I ran into him in the same general area of Myrtle Beach both times. Mike uses a narrow shovel, like a trenching shovel. On the upper end of the handle he has one of the plastic sand scoops mounted up. Mike digs the target up with the shovel, spreads the sand with his boot to get a better fix on the target and then flips the handle around and scoops up the target with the plastic sand scoop. Works well in the wet and damp sand. In the dry, if the target is not real deep, he just uses the plastic scoop. No need for him to bend over to pick up a target.

When you start working in the water is when you have more of a need for a good long handled scoop to dig and retain the target until you can get it into a secure pocket or pouch. If you work in very clear water, you may be able to get away without a scoop if you can see the spot where you are working to recover a target.

You can work the Sand Shark in the dry sand. If where you hunt is like most of the places I've hunted; in the dry sand you will find a fair amount of wire from fireworks sparklers and from the fences put up to build and retain the sand dunes. There will be a lot of bottle caps, hair pins and tent stakes. There will be nuts and bolts from carts that people pull to the beach with their chairs and stuff. There will be foil of various types. There will be shallow and very deep soda and beer cans. Among that and other junk, there are goodies to be found.

Enjoy your digging!
Cheers,
tvr

SpiritRelic said:
The SandShark Ned.I am thinking if i can work this thing up in the dry sand,then there will be no need at all to bring a vlf to the beach really.You really should just dig everything in the dry sand anyway?Ned the SandShark :laugh:

Absolutely true. But allow me to warn you: there is A LOT of very tiny bits of garbage in the dry sand and the Sand Shark will find them all at great depths. So when using a pi in the dry sand, be prepared to work very very hard.

On the plus side, there is very little you will miss.

SpiritRelic, I'm sorry, for some reason I read your post as getting a Tiger Shark......I've never owned the Sand Shark, which I realize is a PI Unit, but I did own a Tesoro Piranha for years, this was a PI unit they came out with years ago. Loved it in and around salt water conditions. They are deep and don't miss a thing. I was younger then and didn't mind digging everything. Yes, I dug probably tons of trash, but every now and then those treasures come out, and again, you won't miss a thing....I"m sure the Sand Shark will hunt much the same....Best of Luck.

I think i will just alternate day to day.One day take the Shark,and work the wet,and the next time take the outlaw or tejon and work the dry.I want to stay on top of this beach this summer.I probably will not even park hunt to much.It only cost .80 cents to ride the bus to within five miles to the beach.This jewelry hunting is new to me.Long time coin & relics for many years,so finding the ring yesterday really got me cranked up.You guys must be referring to a spinkler installer shovel?.A very long and thin blade.Spinkler installers use then to cut a nice plug to install sprinkler heads and piping.I will keep these ideas in mind until i get what i need.I hope to go back to the beach this week and try the outlaw in the dry.I hope everyone has a great and productive summer with there Tesoro detectors. :-$