Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I got my X-terra sales info from Minelab today and I am sold. The TONES...

jbow

The tones on the X-terra are like the tones on the Quattro. They are pleasing to the ear unlike a lot of other detector tones. While this may be a small thing it is just one more reason to like the X-terra. I use a Soverign GT and will keep it but I am going to buy the X-terra too for those places where I don't need the Sov and will enjoy the lighter weight...

If you have not heard the tones from a Quattro or an X-terra you need to listen because they sound much more musical that the tones on the Sov and other machines.

Now, this ain't the only reason I am going to buy one... I already wanted one but I am pleased as punch to hear the good tones on the X-terra.

After Christmas...

J

I really feel your hearing abilities and for that matter your choice of headphones may or may not contribute. Actually comparing the 3 or 4 tones of the X-terra's to the Sov's 17 or Explorers 27 is all a matter of preference and just what one gets used to.Do remember the 3-4 tones of the X-terra are basically covering large segments to give you an idea whats under the coil while the 17 or 27 tones further breaks down the segments and still liked the sweet tone of a silver coins on previous Minelab units...Need some time in the field to really compare, but whatever works I guess..Myself feel its debateable and feel the Sov. or Explorer specific tone gave you more info and indeed were musical in their own way...and were sure pleasing to me....