Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I guess I just have a soft spot for Tesoro and always will

bigtim1973

I was online tonight at another forum and bought a Bandido 2 Umax.

This one will be like the 3rd or maybe even 4th one I have ever had. I get one for nostalgic reasons from time to time and play with it then sell it off to someone else who may enjoy it.

But this time may be different and I will probably wind up keeping it.

I will always love a Tesoro. When I was a kid looking through those lost treasure and eastern and western magazines back in the 1980's I would see those advertisements for those smaller control housing units and wonder how nice it would be to have one. Being a broke kid that is all I could do was wonder back then!!

It really saddens me that they are gone.

I guess even the days of Beep and Dig units will be short lived as well.

Who is left that makes just a beep and dig unit other than Deep Tech?? Anyone else??

I guess an XP Deus lite could be considered beep and dig

I put a bid in on that one just before the auction ended...Congrats on the purchase of the Bandito 2 uMAX!

No I did not get the one off of the auction site. I got it off of another detector classified forum. Anyways.....thanks for the kind words!!

No I did not get the one off of the auction site. I got it off of another detector classified forum. Anyways.....thanks for the kind words!!
Sorry...I read the post wrong...I was half asleep here! Enjoy your Bandido 2 uMAX!

Sorry...I read the post wrong...I was half asleep here! Enjoy your Bandido 2 uMAX!
I would love to find a Tesoro Bandido 2 uMAX in great shape! They are rarer than hen's teeth up here in Canada!

I have a Tesoro Silver Sabre uMAX...It has that nice high tone audio!

Indeed, loved Tesoro, always will! Golden and Eldorado, still here I guess until I pass. Am 82 yrs. old, many really sweet memories with Tesoro. Probably the best company in detecting! So sad they are gone but my appreciation for what they were!
Pap

Indeed, loved Tesoro, always will! Golden and Eldorado, still here I guess until I pass. Am 82 yrs. old, many really sweet memories with Tesoro. Probably the best company in detecting! So sad they are gone but my appreciation for what they were!
Pap

So true! Long before I came to this forum, I would read the Tesoro forum and loved to see your posts. I was never able to get logged into that forum, there was some sort of contention between their ISP and the one I was using that we were not able to figure out at the time. At least I could read them and learn from the many experienced people who posted there.

Good to hear from you!

Just picked up a Tesoro Eldorado MicroMAX...Waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

I use my Tesoro's mainly for tot lots and parks. I would probably sell my Nox 600 and At Pro before them. They are fun machines. I added rubber walking cane handles to mine,
IMG_1539.JPG
IMG_1540.JPG

Last edited:
Just picked up a Tesoro Eldorado MicroMAX...Waiting for it to arrive in the mail.
Wonderful machine! One morning in a park I hunted frequently with another brand I found 17 or 18 quarters with the Eldorado. I don't know why there were so many but I didn't mind. I still have the Eldorado that I purchased new. I need to sell it but I have difficulty letting it go. I know you'll love yours.
Pap

Wonderful machine! One morning in a park I hunted frequently with another brand I found 17 or 18 quarters with the Eldorado. I don't know why there were so many but I didn't mind. I still have the Eldorado that I purchased new. I need to sell it but I have difficulty letting it go. I know you'll love yours.
Pap
I tried it out and made a trade for another Tesoro...I prefer the ED-120 discrimination.
Mike

I still have my Cibola and enjoy using it a lot for lighter weight, go have some fun detecting. I started out with Tesoro detectors.........
Would I sell my Equinox instead of my Cibola if I was desperate for money...NO. Love using both and a few others too.

I was online tonight at another forum and bought a Bandido 2 Umax
Congratulations! The Bandido II microMAX is one of my two all-time favorite Tesoro models. One rides along as one of my 'Daily-Use Team' of detectors, and a pristine 'back-up' hangs on my den wall. All my favorites keep a 6" Concentric coil mounted full-time.

Monte

I use my Tesoro's mainly for tot lots and parks. I would probably sell my Nox 600 and At Pro before them. They are fun machines. I added rubber walking cane handles to mine,
My Bandido II microMAX and Silver Sabre microMAX are my #1 go-to units for tot-lots, and also are a great quick-grab unit if I chance upon some sidewalk tear-ups or other renovation work. They are easy to do grip-changes on, also, I I like the grips you installed on yours. I might have to match that up when the foam wears out.

Monte