Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I guess i wont ask anymore questions,thank for nothin

Pax didn't see the original question, but found it, so I'll give it a stab. I haven't had a chance to Use the new Fors Relic,Think there barely being shipped at this time, but i see it offers "imask" (intelligent masking) Great a machine that is good at intelligent masking !!! Now I only hope i am intelligent enough to unmask the target. :drinking: I'm guessing its another name for discrimination. The Racers it is called ID Filter, The Fors CoRe it is ID mask and on the screen of the prototype Impact machine under settings they call it "Disc". I'll shoot Monte a email or maybe Keith S. will see this. But ya I am also curious as well to what imask or intelligent masking is.

From Nokta's website:

"Operating at 19kHz frequency, the FORS Relic features 6 search modes, iMASK (Intelligent Masking), Tone Break, Iron Volume and can easily be used on beach, mineralized ground, and rocky areas which are problematic for most detectors.

FORS Relic's superior discrimination ability will enable you to detect relics and coins missed by other detectors in the trashiest sites and in iron contamination."

thanks Oregon Gregg ,the qestion did pertain to the gold racer but a few other nokta-makro's have this feature I was just wondering why you would need both disc and iMask?THanks again .HH

I didn't realize that the Gold Racer offered it as well. I kinda zoned in on the Racer 2. I hunt one way 99% of the time and that is iron infested ghost towns etc. The Racer and now Racer 2 does an excellent job at that task and never really paid attention to the other offerings. However, I did find this:

iMask: Eliminates false signals caused by ground noise or hot rocks when searching in discrimination modes.

gregg

so yes its a form of disc for hotter ground, ground noise but like all disc I am sure the more used the more good targets are left behind.

AJ