Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I guess it's not to be !

JC99328

I found a pewter top to ??? something. It's on an abandoned farm site where the house burned in a wheat fire (50-60 yrs ago?? uncertain exactly). I found the lid ?? the first trip out there. I've been back 3 times and beat the area to death in all directions. I was there yesterday before the rain started and gave it one last try. No luck. At this point I'm assuming the owner found the bottom part and took it with them. This is a very poor area and it might have been a family treasure to them. If it had melted in the fire, I should have found a blob of metal.

At this site, my brother in law found a neat fancy cast iron ??, maybe a trivet? I found the lid and yesterday I found the remains of a pocket knife. My partner has it and is going to see if it has a name on it. He's an old knife collector. We also found miles of farm iron as usual but nothing really neat. Best farm iron was an old barn trolley for moving hay and it was busted up badly.