Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have a question about false signals with my pro pointer

snevlida147

I just purchased a new Garrett pro pointer new from a dealer and it seems to work fine but if I put and kind of pressure on the tip inside the hole or just with my hands it will signal??? Is it really that sensitive to pressue??? I used someone elses in my detecting club and loved it , I was almost digging with his! Garrett told me to reset it by holding the button down for 4 seconds because I took the batt out and put in a new one just to check to see if the batt was low. Batt was fine, tried to reset but It didnt make a indication beep so who knows? Still have the problem

Just posting for anyone that is interested in the info that I talked to garrett again , a very helpful person talked to me for a while saying that the issue I was experiencing was probably from me pushing to hard and disrupting the coil inside, and that is normal. By the way there is no 4 second reset he informed me , just turn it on and off like it says in the manual. Garrett was nice to deal with on the phone and didnt make me wait to talk to anyone , I appreciate that .It does work fine and helps cut down on recovery time so I guess Ill be careful to not press to hard in the future.

Mine behaves the same....just the nature of the beast I guess.
At first I thought this would be a solid check-mark against the pro-pointer but in reality, there is really no need to push against the dirt with a unit that has as much range as this pointer has. Took me a while to realise this, but I am slower than a sloth in figuring things out on my own.
Be sure to utilize the sliding-coin method to give yourself added signal strength if you are comming up empty when you pull your plug.

Mine does the the same thing if I am pushing it down into the dirt but like gordygroover says there is no need to press that hard to begin with. I find myself doing it once in a while in soft dirt trying to push the probe deeper to pick up a target. I use a quarter for the coin sliding trick and place so that it not quite covers the on/off switch. This is a good repeatable landmark that works every time. On my third season with the Propointer and would not be without it.

Jerry

n/t

Mine did that when I first purchased it, but after using it a few times, it stopped. I figured that it was because the battery was not as strong after using it for a while, but even with a new battery in it, it doesn't do it anymore.
HH
Darren

Thanks for the info. Mine did seem to calm down a little after using it non stop for two days on a big club hunt.