Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

i have a question for the tesoro nuts!!! :D

Rocknut88

ok im looking into a tesoro compadre for my gf to hunt dry sand with at the beaches here where i live in maryland along the bay.... maybe occasionally hitting wet sand... but main focus is the dry for her... my curiosity is how will it perform for finding coins and jewelry particularly gold and silver as well as old copper cents and nickles/ other clad. Figured yall would be the best group of people to ask seeing as its in yall's blood figured not many in the beach section would comment on it... Thanks for the help

You should get two because you will want one for you also. I dont care what you use, the Compadre will impress you.Run it as low as you can and it will find stuff that is very small.

I would get her the Tesoro Compadre with the 8" coil to get a little extra depth. You will also get better coverage for those big beaches. The larger coil will still give great target separation. The only one that will be nuts is you if you don't get here one! Compadre = simple and effective. They will find the goods. Get her a good sand scoop also. Oh, and we know it's for you, not her!

The Compadre would do great in the dry sand not so much in the wet, depending on how much black sand you have it would probably false a lot which most VLF detectors do. If you do get one I would go with the 8" coil, it covers more area than the 5.75 and is just as sensitive, plus the bigger coil will be a little deeper. It's a great machine and one of the best jewelry finders out there at any price! Good luck with whatever you choose.

Rainyday101 said:
I would get her the Tesoro Compadre with the 8" coil to get a little extra depth. You will also get better coverage for those big beaches. The larger coil will still give great target separation. The only one that will be nuts is you if you don't get here one! Compadre = simple and effective. They will find the goods. Get her a good sand scoop also. Oh, and we know it's for you, not her!

Rainyday101 I promise I wasn't copying your post, just typing at same time I guess. Glad to see great minds think alike.:heh:

Thanks fellas you dont disappoint. I may get one for me to...not much black sand but alot of clay... but i have a whites bhid myself... but if its good like yall are sayin for that price it should pay for itself

HateTabs said:
Rainyday101 said:

Rainyday101 I promise I wasn't copying your post, just typing at same time I guess. Glad to see great minds think alike.:heh:

I was surprised when I posted as we both posted at about the exact same time. One thing for sure, you are right, great minds think alike!

Bought My Wife the Compadre with the 8" coil to use in the dry sand while I use a Whites PI in the water. She likes everything about it except the depth, She gets tired of digging deep, deep, very deep holes. Its a good thing that dry beach sand is easy to dig. It will false over wet sand if She's running it in all-metal so She mainly stays where its dry.
The machine will find small targets at depths You will not believe, pinpoints good if You take Your time on small fish hook sized targets, and is the lightest MD that We have ever used.
Like jarid said, You might want to get two.

Thanks for the info mullet minnow exactly the info i needed to finalize my decision... it will teach her to dig all good tones but keep out some trash. And its super light.. but tje info on depth and falsing is what i needed to know i greatly appreciate all the info fellas