Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have a tough decision.......

minnixb

I've been thinking about selling my f70 and my initial thought was to purchase a Tek T2. The s-rod on the 70 is just a little too short for me being 6ft tall and the T2 pistol grip is much better for a tall guy like me.
However, the newly released standard F75 with DST has caught my attention. I realize the F75 has some features the T2 does not. As I'm turning the ship towards the F75 am I headed in a good direction??? Appreciate any advice from those who have used both machines. FYI...I mainly relic hunt.

If it's really about the rod, what you need is the First Texas 26.5 inch Tall Man Lower Pole. Oddly, it's not shown on our website but it really does exist, contact your dealer (preferably a dealer who is a Forum sponsor, of course!). Won't cost much, probably on the order of $15. Beats selling a detector you like and replacing it with another one that's just about the same thing in performance, and without the Tall Man rod you may not like that one either.

If you do get the Tall Man pole for the F70 and still get the itch to switch, you can keep the Tall Man pole and have it on hand for your F75.

Thanks Dave J. for the info. One thing about the f70 I've noticed that also makes me think of selling is the 11 DD coil falses a lot when the coil hits corn/bean stalks. I hunt a lot in crop fields. Does the newer F75 (dst) have the same issue? Thanks again for your help.

To answer your question, I have no problems with the F75 (new DST version) and 11" DD falsing when hitting corn stalks.

Tom

If the coil cable moves when you bump a object it will cause the detector to sound off. I am running a F75 upgraded to DST level and as long as I know what it is doing I don't have any problem with a little falsing.

Just a thought,

Ron in WV

I woods hunt a good deal in the fall and winter and my F 752 DST doesn't false when bumping branches and the like. HH jim tn

minnixb said:
Thanks Dave J. for the info. One thing about the f70 I've noticed that also makes me think of selling is the 11 DD coil falses a lot when the coil hits corn/bean stalks. I hunt a lot in crop fields. Does the newer F75 (dst) have the same issue? Thanks again for your help.

My F70 does not seem to have these "bump/falsing" problems using the 11" or any other coil.

Hello minnixb,

I did the Tallman Lower Rod fix DJ suggested on my BH Platinum 7yrs ago, worked fine. As he said, it's a cheap fix, if that's the only issue. I mounted my most used 11" coil on the Tallman Rod, and the less used 8" concentric on the shorter (standard) lower rod for quick change out, if I chose to use that one.

The ergonomics on the F75 are very good! I have no need of a Tallman Lower Rod on mine.

I have the F75 LTD 2 and it falses if you have the sensitity really high 93 or higher. Still a great machine though.

There is a T2 version that also has DST and FA. I've wondered how it might compare with its "F" brethren.

I think the T2 TID is different than the F75, and actually might be a tad better than the F75.

But, your main concern is the length of the rod, I wouldn't completely change machines just because of that.....