Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have been trying a new program

rodbuster

Just wondering if anyone has tried running the Equinox in single frequency, at a park recently I switched from Multi to 5 kHz and lowered the sensitivity 18 -19 using a 6in coil . Running in Park1 and accepting 20 and up I was surprised by how well it worked in trash hitting coins down to 8 in with no problem.

Just wondering if anyone has tried running the Equinox in single frequency, at a park recently I switched from Multi to 5 kHz and lowered the sensitivity 18 -19 using a 6in coil . Running in Park1 and accepting 20 and up I was surprised by how well it worked in trash hitting coins down to 8 in with no problem.
I will try that. All the times I tried 5 khz in the past, I ended up digging a lot more iron targets. It's interesting. Thanks.

Ok I quickly took my 600 w/6" coil, out in my own front yard where I have swept a hundreds of time over time maybe, using 5 kHz and lower sensitivity. I got a good 32-34 TID, so I dug it. A damned rusty bottle cap! Do you also dig a lot of junk with your settings?

Last edited:
I have, but its been a while.
Im not sure about notching out everything to 20 however!
Perhaps I will try 5Khz again.
Thanks for the advice.

My old parks are loaded with a lot of trash, and recently I was really pressed for time, as the sun was setting fast.
I had great luck, it in multi frequency, 6" coil, turn the sensitivity down REALLY low (10) , and did very well down to 4" or so, even with extremely tiny objects (back of an ear ring).
I was very surprised on the performance by simply backing off the sensitivity.
In about 1 hour, I located a gold ring, silver ear ring, back of an ear ring, another piece of unknown jewelry, and a small handful of clad coins.
And by simply reducing the sensitivity, the machine ran extremely quiet, and allowed me to travel much quicker than normal.
Probably just luck, but I was impressed on my finds, in such a very short period.
I believe its going to be my new default park program, for the time being.
Thanks for the advice on the 5khz, and I will try it again, soon!

Interesting comparison here. I’m not bashing the Nox but when I run the Legend in 4khz and Sens max I started finding more older coins deeper. One would think the principle would have similar results, 5 and 4 are not that far apart……

I will try that. All the times I tried 5 khz in the past, I ended up digging a lot more iron targets. It's interesting. Thanks.

Ok I quickly took my 600 w/6" coil, out in my own front yard where I have swept a hundreds of time over time maybe, using 5 kHz and lower sensitivity. I got a good 32-34 TID, so I dug it. A damned rusty bottle cap! Do you also dig a lot of junk with your settings?
The set - up I am using is more of a cherry picking program so I am not digging much trash. I do dig a few caps but when the numbers are in the high 30' s and the tone is not sharp it usually trash. Early this year I had the same type of signal, not really good but I dug it anyway which turned out to be a 1941 walking liberty so it's up to the operator. For me this program works but by no means will it work for everyone and it's no different than digging nickels, not every 13 is a nickel or a gold ring. With a 6" coil and this program in my area I can work a trashy area with a few keepers. I have always been a tone hunter, and for most I would say if it sounds good and you know your detector this will be what makes up your mind. When I started detecting most of the detectors were either a BFO or a T/R many years ago so If it had a intensity meter you relied on the sound and not the meter. I am learning to take full advantage of the Equinox and what it has to offer and each area will be different so just keep open minded. No matter what detector you are using it is no better than the person operating it so try new things, it may surprise you.