Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have come to realize that all this time the emphasis has been mostly on bigger and deeper

cspene

when there is so much out there that is masked by junk close by!!! IMHO if a person would get a small coil for the Exp. such as a SR 5", it will open a whole new world up for you in your detecting areas. IMHO the Exp. is one of, if not "the", best detector out there. I really don't understand why people aren't scarfing up those Exp. ll's as fast as they come on the classifieds! They are SUPER detectors and with a small coil are absolutely unstoppable. Just in the last couple of days I have been to places that have absolutely been hammered so much it isn't even fun to go there anymore...until now! The Exp. with the 5" coil, going super slow with little to no discrimination and just listen for the little high pitched "tingle"mixed in with the other trash noises, then investigate. I have found 3 silver dimes and a few wheat pennies. Unbelievable! So...moral of the story...buy those cheap Exp. ll's, get a small (5") coil, and go to those trashy places and have some fun. I have tried most all detectors in these very same places that I recently found the silver with the Exp. ll and small coil. I am absolutely amazed! IMHO big and deep is not totally where it's at; it is small and trashy if you really want to have some fun.

HH
Chris

I agree with Chris; and feel that finding ANY more coins from an area known to have become a "detected out zone" is a plus.
You could always turn up a KEY DATE coin, or valuable ring.

Anything could be hidden by that iron fog I reckon...

IMHO

Snowy :twodetecting:

Cspene,I remember when I first got the 4 inch coil for my Corte's...

It felt like paintin' a battle ship with a tooth brush!:stars:

Thought "this is gonna take a month of Sundays to do 50 square yards!"

But boy,targets soon started to peep out from between the trash ~ that was previously blanked from a bigger coil ( with too big a window...)

Garrett used to call this SNIPING.

I guess it is similar a sniper popping individual targets from their surroundings eh?

Happy sniper

Snowy :thumbup:

I am only in my second week with the Exp. Luck has it that I have the newest model...I also find it to be the most superp discriminator I have EVER used...Even though I am still in my infancy in the leaning curve....I also run it in AM because it seems to me that I may be loseing targets due to the nulling...maybe I'm wrong but if I'm running AM & have the sensitivity cranked up I get to "hear it all" as opposed to Discrimination...where I get nulling...If I'm wrong somebody tell me....With Nulling what I have found is I can't pinpoint targets very well & it also "SEEMS" to lose depth...At least on test targets...I know Andy S. made a post on this very subject about a month ago about useing patterns...& his result was different...I am by no means any kind of authority so holler at me & tell me what I'm doing wrong as I would like nothing more than to discriminate everything except silver & copper coins at times...As soon as I can afford it I'll be getting a smaller coil & probe...Right now all I have is the stock 10" so I'm thinking the 4X7 but according to all reports the 5" is better in the trash....It's a trade-off....I'm just hopeing I can change the "angle of attack" & seperate targets as well as the 5" can....I did pretty well with my MXT & "Shooter" coil & the excellerator is close to the same size. OK guys let me have it....I'm listening...tt

TT I most often run in I.M. mode (set around 28,)
it is a VERY LOW level of disc.
I find it really cuts down the "iron rumble..."

I also find my self most often using "smart find."

I sort of have a visual "tree"on the screen;
a sort of "map" where most desirable targets hit...

I frequently dig to really see for sure what made the signal though, but not every time...

After all THE BEST DISCRIMINATOR EVER INVENTED IS THE SHOVEL eh!!!

HH

Snowy:)

and turn my Exp. volume down to around 4 o 5 to help withstand the constant clatter of tones. With it lower, you can just pick out the high tones easier. The 5" Sunray is killer. You wil still get very good depth at a lower sens. with less falsing. You own the best. Give yourself time for the tones to sink in. It won't happen over night. Check any iffy hits with IM-16. Good hunting!

Rewarding to find silver there, yes, but listening to the Explorer in a high trash environment is tough on the ears for sure. I'd much rather go slow looking for super deepies that others have missed of couldn't pick up. I guess it's good exercise for the ears to listen for silver amongst high trash, but it takes some time to develop that talent.

I hear what you're saying Erik,
there was a point in time on my recent holiday that I was hearing so much "Iron RUMBLE."

I nearly had to have a pill, and lie down....

Heh heh:lmfao::stars:

HH

Snowy:twodetecting: