Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have joined the club!

HEBEGB

Hey guys, I just wanted to drop a line to say that I am now officially part of the Minelab fan base. I won an X-Terra 705 that the VP of Minelab, Gary Schafer, offered up in a drawing at a club meeting (thanks again Gary!). I haven't had a chance to use it much since I won it because I have been busy with internships over the summer, but I did find a '43 Merc within the second hour of using it. I would also like to extend a big thanks to Digger for the free book that helped me get a great start with what I think is going to turn out to be a great detector!

Welcome to the "club" and the X-TERRA forum. Glad to hear the eBook got you off to a great start with your 705. But if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask this group.......... there are some very knowledgeable folks who swing the X-TERRA and share in this forum. HH Randy

Welcome aboard.
HH
Todd

Thanks Digger! I really do appreciate the knowledge that you share in your eBook and am glad that you wrote in a "down-to-earth" manner. I wanted to get off on the right foot when I started with this detector and let it tell me what is under the coil, instead of me trying to tell it how to tell me what is under the coil, if that makes any sense.

were sure glad you join us
welcome

HEBEGB said:
I wanted to get off on the right foot when I started with this detector and let it tell me what is under the coil, instead of me trying to tell it how to tell me what is under the coil, if that makes any sense.
Makes all the sense in the world. I hunt with a guy who spends much of his detecting time trying to make a target sound good. I've told him and told him that if he followed my "3 rules of consistency", he'd cover 10 times as much ground, find 10 times as many coins, and dig 10 times less trash. He starts out with good intentions. But sooner rather than later, I'll see him back there trying to convince his detector that it isn't telling him the truth about a target! :shrug: HH Randy