Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have one question that I didn't see addressed...

I read most of the posts, forgive me if this has been posted before. Here is the one question:

How are the iron false signals on this machine? You know, the high "coin-like" tone off the edge of iron. Every detector does it - some worse than others.

Does the turn-90-degrees-to-verify-it's-iron get most of them? Sorry that's two questions, but they are related.

Thanks - BF

Xp Deus does false some with a bigger piece of iron, but you can check suspected iron signal with the 8khz Gmaxx mode. I have dug very little iron with my Deus, it has good ID ability against iron. The turn-90-degrees-to-verify-iron works for the Deus also. But if it is a good old site, there may be some stuff that hits only in one side, because of the masking effect of the nearby iron object.

I haven't tried the GMaxx trick but turning 90 degrees helps for sure. I am still digging all iffy signals to be sure but so far machine is right 90% of the time for me.

I'm more concerned about steel bottle caps as they are a killer in areas I hunt.And could be a deal breaker for me.

Thanks 82,
I'm just trying to get a feel on that aspect of how this thing hunts. Some detectors false off almost every iron hit, which makes very slow going in an iron infested site.

Anybody not like the way it handles iron?

Thanks again - BF

That sounds good to me! Thanks Bart!
BF

I know what you mean. My current detector ID's them very good, so getting a "good target" signal on them would be a real pain. I watched the bottle cap video on the sound trailing off and it sounded sort of like it worked. I just wish he had pulled the thing back to no signal over the silver ring.
Thanks and HH - BF

Harold, ILL, I am using Deus for some 20 months now an bottle tops are no issue at all, you just recognise them by an ear.

Thanks for the reply! While were on the subject of tone does the XP have adjustable modulated audio to make the deeper targets softer like the volume gain control on the E-trac or volume target boost control on CZ's?

Yes it does it's from 1-5 levels of sound enhance ment factory set to 4 in all 9 factory programs and it also has a audio of 1-5 levels for iron sounds so as to make them louder or softer so as to hear deep good targets and differentiate them better too.

It has all kinds of ways to change just about all things but it isn't complicated or difficult to do or figure out how with the menu and it's very intuitive after I did a once through read of the manual I was good to go. You can SAVE the changes or leave as is and can do a factory reset to each individual factory preset program too if I remember right. It has 9 preset programs already that are set to go and the only thing I changed is the frequency on a couple I used from 18khz to 12khz for coin hunting as it is supposed to be a bit deeper and for general hunting useage and a frequency for mineralized soil. The 18khz is for even worse mineralized soil and bad iron in it says in the manual and or for small tiny items more sensitive to like jewlery on the beach etc.. It's very nice how they got this thing done up. I may just have to get another rod set and the larger coil and you can run one setup off the control box and the other setup off the headset so I can have 2 units to hunt with without changing coils.

OH once you marry the coil to both the control box and the headset you can use either one to run both machines now as it stores the coils serial numbers in memory for future useage. Comes already linked to the 9" coil from the factory and shows how to link to more coils if you want so you and a partnet can hunt together one using the control box and the other the headset. The control box has a headphone or earbuds jack in it too to use if you want to instead of the supplied headset.

Thanks for the reply. I saw your name E-trac -Tom, So I gotta ask any major differences between the two? As I have an E-trac myself. Thanks .

Only been out with it once but it's light and fully adjustable in just about all things in it but so simple to do only read the manual once and I can navigate no problem and pretty much know what the change will do for youin that part of the program. Having that DEUS Fast setting from 1-5 makes seperation screaming fast with the processing power behind it. I do notice on coins it gives a nice full good clean defined sounding hit trash or iffy it kind of has a bit of a very light buzz to the hit signal not clean sounding so may be able to tell good from bad that way. It's preset at 90 GB for all around inland hunting so no real need to GB. Basically turn pick a factory preset program from the 9 there and go. I changed just the frequency from 18khz down to 12khz only and away I went. Not selling Etrac yet but who knows as I use this more. It's so compact that you could take it in a small back pack on a bicycle ride or motorcycle ride or very small car so that is a great plus right there or in a small back pack to the besch while swimming with the family hanging out picnicking.

Thanks for the reply. And if you can afford it I would keep the E-trac as you know it is just such an awesome machine! The only reason I am considering the XP-Dues is the weight. But even with my bad shoulder if I can only swing the E-trac a couple hours at a time it is still worth keeping. It is just too hot on silver!

Well I have 2 tracs one I traded all my other old machines in on to get after I seen what the first one did for me and silver and deeper old coins. I will probably sell at least one to help pay for the xp-deus and that was my justification for buying it. But as I use the deus more I may just sell the other trac too as this machine besides being modular and light is like several machines all in one and deep and fast and totally completely in all ways programable any way you can want or think way more than the tracs. Just before I bought this I also got a virtually new F75LTD from Robin ( Big Fang Coin Biter) on here and I'm really liking the weight and ballance and depth and seperation speed and sensitivity of that and it's like a couple of different machines in one also so I may have to also sell my new Omega8000 and my new G2 also.

I will keep the XP-Deus, the At-Pro for water and rain use, and the new Fisher F75LTD and end up with 3 machines only.
Love the 2 Etracs but because the Deus has all that and more programing wise and the power/speed/depth and is so darn light and compact and programable I may just end up letting both Etracs and all the coils I got for them go and buy the larger DEUS 11x13" DD coil to have for it for fields and beaches to cover more ground faster.

OH I found the DEUS can be swept faster than an Etrac and within reason or really slow it don't matter.