Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have read where some don't want to get their AT pro's wet or how they work in salt water.............

mtdoramike

If you don't want to get your AT pro wet, WHY DID YOU BUY AN ALL TERRAIN DETECTOR? I have used my AT pro on salt water beaches and it works great, I have had it in water up to my neck in salt water and as long as you ground balance it in the water, it works fine. But, it also depends on how strong the surf is, because most detectors aren't worth a hoot in moving water especially in strong moving water. I used mine in the Islands where the beaches are mainly calm for the most part. The AT pro is water proof up to 10 feet in depth, but if I were going to water hunt with scuba gear, I would opt for a water machine like a CZ20 or Whites or if I were primarily water hunting. I have only had to manually ground balance my AT pro a couple of times to quiet it down in salt water and that was mainly because the surf was a tad bit stronger than usual.

BUT, if you use your AT pro in salt water make sure that you clean it immediately with clean fresh water, especially the connectors for the headphones and coil. I also use silicone grease on both connectors around the "O" rings to make sure they seat properly and don't crimp when tightened. I also only tighten hand tight. Then when I get home, I take a hose to the machine and give it a good bath. What other land machine can you do that to? Then I take a bucket and submerge the Water headphones in fresh water for a few minutes and then hang them out and let them dry to make sure and get all the salt out of them.

If you are afraid to take your AT pro into salt water, buy yourself a land machine or a water machine and not an ALL TERRAIN machine.

I agree whit all you said,I would like to add it is better to keep the coil completely submerged at all times the braking surf will make it hard to keep it from chat erring.

Yep and each time you bring it out of the water, expect to re-ground balance it. I also use it in the surf without the coil cover because wet sand between the coil and coil cover will also throw it off a bit, but I also found this same thing with Fishers and Minelabs as well.

mike