Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have to send my mxs back after it was updated

I was out today for 2 hours in prospect mode with iron grunt. It was working fine for 2 hours then the iron grunt got a high tone mixed in with it. When it was working right I could go over my hardwood floor and get all low grunt. Now when I go over it a high tone is mixed in making it unusable. Anybody else have that happen.

So I'm sending it back.

Rick

Did you 'unwittingly add something' or 'make a change to a Mode with a preset Default on thereby changing things?
I wouldn't base an internal scan of my hardwood floor to analyse or fault find?

All metal and prospect iron grunt is working intermittently. Prospect iron grunt was working this morning but all metal wasn't. I went outside a little bit and then all metal iron grunt was working ok. Like a bad solder joint.

Rick

.....a 'dry joint' perhaps?
Did they have the CB open when conducting tests? I guess so as they probably needed access to the boards to plug in a cable to upgrade?

My own wood floors here are full of noise...I put the floor down myself and it's basically stuck down on insulation but underneath that is a lot of concrete and I guess steel?

Yes, that's what I'm guessing. Vco is also messing up the iron grunt. It was working fine before I sent it in. I emailed Laura at Whited but haven heard anything yet.

Rick

wow all this time and still seeing this.. so glad i had my dealer trade me out to a different brand detector. seems they fix one thing but several other things are worse.. amazing.. come on whites !! smh

Talked to a tech today and he said he would call me back in hour and didn't. Haven't heard anything they they will take it back and fix it yet.

Rick

I would not even think about getting a MX sport until all this is sorted out. Will wait until next year.

Let us know how it works out Rick, thanks for sharing.

Paul