Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I haven't "disappeared," but I HAVE "changed" jobs! Looks like it might be a good one, too. Speaking of "disappearing" and "changing"...check THIS out

Art SC

OK...stop the show. These guys win, hands down!

http://www.youtube.com/v/RB-wUgnyGv0
Just go here to see the show. It's pretty good if you haven't seen it before. I'd never watched the show, but this would have been worth it.

...In the meanwhile, it turns out that since I was laid off, some folks have been mentioning me around the city. I got a call a couple of weeks ago from the president of a large printing corporation (on the NYSE and all that jazz) that moved into West Columbia from up north about six months ago.

They've been hiring and purchasing equipment like drunken Arabs for months. During that time several postal machine/printer vendors (as well as some of the managers at the USPS mail entry center) and some folks they hired that worked with me, passed along some kind words about my past work reputation and availability to them.

When I went in to speak with the President and their board they offered me half again what I had been making just to come in and help them get a mailing department going. I was too stunned to dicker...I just sat there for a few seconds and then asked, "Are you serious?!!" When they said they certainly were, I just nodded because I didn't have anything else to say...which is a REAL change for ME!!!

Shelle says she wants a new house! :blink:

I told her the income wasn't THAT much larger, but maybe we could get the bathroom floor and toilet fixed, the sliding doors that go outside replaced and maybe get air conditioning in the cars running again. That seemed to make her happy! :)

If it all works out these Yankees plan on buying a separate building just for business mailings within the next 8-10 months. We'll see. But they're throwing money at me to go out and buy anything I think they might need to get going. So far, I've almost spent a cool million and I haven't even got to all the "big" dollar items, yet. I haven't even had time to steal a pen, yet! :unsure:

As Elson always says..."Life if good"...if a little bumpy at times!

I'm going to have to give up the dog training, though, and just do that as a hobby from time to time. I'll finish up the students I already have but I should be done with that by Halloween.

Wish me luck in the new position! It's about time, for sure, as things aren't going so well where Shelle works right now. They laid off half the company just two weeks ago and plan of laying off a dozen more next week. Shelle's REALLY nervous, so this was a BIG relief to her.

What's more, maybe now I'll be able to afford to send along that Golden Welk to someone deserving!

And thanks for asking about me, Vern!
:thumbup:

n/t