Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I heard a rumor about a new metal detector by Fisher. Is it true?

Greg (E.Tn)

I heard they were working on a waterproof pulse machine that discriminates.

Anybody know the skinny on this?

This much is known.

Fisher has confirmed that they have acquired the assets of the Manta development program and hired Alexandre Tartar the French physicist who designed it.

They have confirmed that they are proceeding with the development of PI detectors based on this technology.

The Manta prototypes were waterproof PI’s which had excellent depth, easily saw through black sand and demonstrated a form of iron audio id as well as an option of discriminating out the iron.

This video made at a beach in northern France (not so far from Dunkirque). The audio is in French, bit it’s pretty obvious what they are demonstrating. As far as whether there is some kind of fakery involved - First Texas must have been pretty satisfied that the Manta could do what was shown in order for them to make the acquisition.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sdp4RG73g&feature=youtu.be

No one outside the First Texas team knows what will eventually emerge from the development program and when we will see it.

So, it seems like there is room for optimism. A deep seeking, waterproof PI with a useful form of iron ID would be a first.

Yes, rumors have been around for awhile....little clues have been posted on several forums for awhile.
Dave Johnson applied for a patent on some new pulse design awhile ago, as lytle78 mentioned they just hired a French guy with some new ideas about a unit called the Aquamanta that has a very interesting vid out there, and a few people that have taken tours of the factory have hinted they had seen them working on some new technology and/or designs that are different and could be mind blowing but they are sworn to secrecy.

FTP is the kind of company that keeps things close to the vest up until they are close to releasing any new product.
Literally a few weeks or even days away from release and I doubt they have recently changed.
Till they are ready we won't know anything, no info coming from them, anyway, but we FTP guys still have hope something will happen soon.
Look at what they have done recently...
Lowered prices on Flagship Fisher and Teknetics models, rebranding and changing prices on a few other units down their lines, dropping others.
They are making room for something, maybe a few somethings...that much is obvious.
None of this is being done because they got bored....they have some sort of plan in the works but we just don't know what it is...yet.
Patience is the watchword, let's hope we will be rewarded sometime soon.

Of particular significance to me, I believe, Carl (Geotech) Moreland is now collaborating with First Texas!

He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience, to an already solid design engeneering team, of Dave Johnson and crew.

Couple that with the acquisition of the the Manta tecnology, and hiring of Mr. Tartar, as mentioned by Rick, and I for one, am very encouraged as to what FTP may have in the works!

I continue to believe that Pulse Induction technology holds the most promise for continued advancement in a significant way for metal detecting hobbyist's.

As far as I can determine, Carl is the Engineering Manager at First Texas - Dave Johnson is the Chief Designer.

Works for me Rick.

Dave has been Chief Design Engineer there for a while. Whatever Carl's title may be, what's important is, you don't amass the amount of knowledge and abilty in the R&D department First Texas has, with the intent of them doing crossword puzzles.
First Texas is clearly developing some, hopefully significant, new equipment technically speaking.

Plenty of reason to look in their direction with optimism, and a bit of anticipation, if you're into detecting, IMO.

Here's a team picture - it was on Facebook a while back. Carl (with beard) and Dave are the last two guys on the right in the pic.

File%20Sep%2029%2C%2010%2049%2030%20AM.jpeg

I certainly hope it is all true. And if Fisher builds another water machine, we all know it will be built like a tank.

Thanks again for the kind replies.

Supposedly to be released in 2016 I believe. An all terrain waterproof unit.
All rumors and no new flagships. If I was the ceo of this company, I might be embarrassed..
I wish them well.

Greg (E.Tn) said:
I certainly hope it is all true. And if Fisher builds another water machine, we all know it will be built like a tank.

That is the problem !

But if its light then the cost !

Nuke em said:
Greg (E.Tn) said:

That is the problem !

But if its light then the cost !

The CZ water machine platform while durable, and somewhat heavy, is 1990's era build standards. It remains one of the best saltwater machines to this day.

FTP has been a leader for the last 10+ years in producing lightweight machines, all in the 2.5-3.5 lb range, with very good ergonomics. I would expect that to continue with their next generation multi-freq.saltwater detector.

As to price, it would have to be competatively priced to compete with the current new offerings from other manufacturers, unless of course it contains better performance/technology to justify a higher cost.

Quote from Carl :fisher: on another site, Jun 22, 2017

"...saw a fellow on Geotech talking about a new PI design he developed. 99% of the time people who say they got something, don't really got something, and it takes very little time or effort to find out they got nothing. All I have to do is say "show me," and they either show me or they start bluffing. If the bluffing starts, I'm done. This guy didn't bluff, he packed up his prototype and sent it to me to evaluate. It worked so well we not only bought the design, we hired the guy full-time." :fisher:

That is true, I read that over on another site a few months ago.
I so look forward to this new machine, I believe it will be a game changer for me, just like the F75 was many years ago.

I believe this is old news..... the "new" thing is supposed to be a PI machine with discrimination called the Manta. The French inventor posted a Youtube video showing it in operation:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sdp4RG73g&feature=youtu.be

I'm sure in about 10 years we'll see an actual product :goodnight:

Seems that Richard at Backwoods Detectors (Findmall sponsor) is saying Nov 23 is the Day of a BIG Fisher Announcement. New F-75? or is the 'Fisher Manta' on our doorstep?

Rich -

So F75/T2 “+” are the same as the F75/T2 LTD in gold/green, extra 2 year refurb warranty transfer/extension, no 5" coil, digger, f-pulse/tek-point. $649/$549 MAP

A year or so ago - the MAP prices for the F75 with boost and the T2 with boost were $1099 and $899 respectively. Included in the package was and extra 5” coil.

Now the same detectors in their new “+” package are $699 and $549 - and instead of the small coil, you get:

A transferrable 2 year segment of the 5 year warranty
A free factory overhaul once in the 5 years
A digging tool
One of the brand new and apparently excellent FT pinpointers

Is it disappointing that they’re not announcing new technology top of the line machines - of course.

Is it some kind of insult to us enthusiasts - of course not.

I have never had a T2 and plan to get one - it’s effectively a T2 with DST and Boost and a greatly improved warranty/service package for $420 (the PP is $129 by itself).

lytle78 said:
So F75/T2 “+” are the same as the F75/T2 LTD in gold/green, extra 2 year refurb warranty transfer/extension, no 5" coil, digger, f-pulse/tek-point. $649/$549 MAP
A year or so ago - the MAP prices for the F75 with boost and the T2 with boost were $1099 and $899 respectively. Included in the package was and extra 5” coil.
Now the same detectors in their new “+” package are $699 and $549 - and instead of the small coil, you get:
A transferrable 2 year segment of the 5 year warranty
A free factory overhaul once in the 5 years
A digging tool
One of the brand new and apparently excellent FT pinpointers

Is it disappointing that they’re not announcing new technology top of the line machines - of course.
Is it some kind of insult to us enthusiasts - of course not.
I have never had a T2 and plan to get one - it’s effectively a T2 with DST and Boost and a greatly improved warranty/service package for $420 (the PP is $129 by itself).

Fisher is really offering a deal on this.

Deep in my heart I was hoping the new ??? was going to be announced. I used a CZ for a bunch of years in the 90’s and Fisher brings good memories.

Rich