Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I hunt the Teknetics brand and others......

KCK

My main detector for now is a Garrett GTI 2500.
I am however very interested in the Teknetic's T2 detector. I've read all the hype! I've listened to the Forums, I noticed that the Teknetics T2 is the only company that actually broadcasts 15" depth levels.
No one else does that!
If the Teknetics T2 is not capable of that depth then it will die a quick death! I don't even own one yet, but that much I will predict!
I do own a 8000 Tek and it was exciting to hunt with, a very old machine from probably the 80's era? Anyway it's pin pointing capabilities were fantastic, depth with that machine were 6 inches with a true ID accuracy.

From that Old machine alone I will give Teknetics the benefit of the doubt! I'll buy that machine just to see for myself if it is as good as they say it is.

I understand that it takes a while to learn the machines capabilities. The GTI 2500 nearly ended up around a tree until I decided to believe what it was saying and started digging everything. Now I respect Garrett's 2500 as a top notch detector, but it took a good 3 months for me to learn it, sad to admit it but it's true.

Please Guys give your most accurate descriptions of this new Tek machine, be patient with your judgements and just give it to me first hand and straight forward..."I'm a big boy now ...I can take it! " hehehe

When I opened up the Treasure magazine and saw that pic of the Tek 2 it was like the greatest day of my life had just taken place. I'd probably like this machine if it does half of what they say it will do! hehehe

But don't call the 1-800 number in the magazine and expect to get your questions answered. I called them right away to get info , and even to place an order, granted I was a little excited at the time I wanted to
get dealer information etc...

I called right at 5:00pm so I am hoping that they were closed and I got the cleaning lady or something cause wow...The best she offer me was a flier, and she had no idea what a detector was.......?????

Keep up the good reports those who have one...If they is anyway you could send me sound file that shows the sounds ID of coins That would be a blessing. Or if you could give us and idea of the sound features that would help too!

Thanks for everyones help in advance.

KCK

I have one myself to try when the weather changes and the ground thaws out, figured that is the only way I will know what this detector can do and what it can't do for my hunting needs. I cant tell you much other than air test and I find some impressive and some not as good as I thought they would be, but 15 inches on a larger target i can believe, but on a quarter or dimes size I haven't been able to with my air test and we know air test are not accurate.
Like all detector not everyone likes the same one, some feel it is going to be the wonder detector that will run smooth, give depth unheard of, pick out only the good targets and ID them right on, plus with no learning curve. Most that have been in detecting for a while knows this is not going to be the case. This detector like all the great ones takes some time to learn it, it is not perfect and you have to learn as you go. The more you use it the more you will learn and you will get trash too.
We have seen a few use the T-2 for a few days and sell it, some that are experienced with detecting and knows their detectors are sticking with them for a while to see what it will actually do once they learn them. For most parts the reports have been good on the T-2 and will be just what many are looking for, to some it is more of a detector than they want or need.
Being you were able to stick the the GTI 2500 and learn it to be to your advantage i feel you will be one to stick with the T-2 until you know it well. I when got my Teknetics 8500B took some time to get used to it too and felt it wasn't that great until I learned it and seen that this detector was so far advance to anything I had ever used before.That was one of the best detector along with the Mark 1 back in those days. When I decided to try a Minelab Sovereign and after a week i thought i made a big mistake, but the more I used it the better I knew that it was telling me and the better this detector got, now I feel it is the best detector I have ever used. I feel the Teknetics T-2 may be like this too as the first impressions may not be as good as our impression is after we have used it for a while and learned what it can and cant not do.
The only way to know for sure is to try one for yourself like I am doing, then we will know for sure.

Rick

All of the info you can read here about the T2 is very accurate. What you notice is that some of the guys really like to experiment and some do not, they are just interested in a smooth running unit...You do see the different hunting styles with the operators and that is as good as it gets, for in the field results I commend all of the posters for their fair assessments......HH...Geo

I really appreciate your feedback and I will watch the posts for a while...I'm just having a hard time not jumping into it as U am excited about Teknetics back on the market. Their old machines were the best I thought!
Look forward to meeting some of you guys at some hunts this summer.

KCK

[attachment 18440 DCP_2114.jpg]

What I like you might not. I'm a relic hunter with many successful years behind me. It's different, tones do more then sound. Meter Id works independent of sound. Can give you a magnetic ground phase reading as well as the soils ferrous content. It has just the right amount of easy to use settings. Very light weight. Its very deep if you listen. Super fast response and id on conductors. I love it, works everywhere I have used it. I paid my coin to find out. Now it's your coin. Best of luck with your decision.Tex

I saw things I liked a lot and also had a few problems. I just reported both, but probably a bit too quickly on some of the bad. Hype implies exaggerated claims. I, for one, am not glossing things over and I don't believe anyone else is. Nobody's paid or compensated to post here. It's just sharing of info about a new machine. I'm here to absorb as well as contribute if I can.

I think every machine has it's high points. How versatile it is will be determined by how it handles less than ideal conditions. Rather than having a machine for each specific purpose, I'll accept a little loss or difficulty here or there. There's usually a workaround or trick to handling hard to hunt sites, that's the info I'm seeking.

You're right, specifying an actual depth claim may prove tough to back up, but maybe they feel they have the goods to state it. Unlike some ads for the competition which merely used words like, "incredible depth," "maximum depth," "super depths," and "deeper readings than ever before." So, I guess shame on Teknetics for being a little more specific! ;)

I imagine they used a dollar coin and either all metal or pinpoint in clean soil, away from interferance.

My T2 air tests deeper by several inches over my Gold Bug 1, my former top depth contender. At the same time, it also detects a smaller gold flake than the GB.

Here's a few measurements in all metal mode, made against a wooden ruler. Sensitivity set about 75, which gave a little background chatter from electrical interferance in my home. Till the ground thaws, air tests are the best I can do.

Penny 11-12", quarter 12+", 50c 13" (14" pinpoint), large copper cent 13", nickel 13", dollar-size commemorative 16+", saddle-type iron buckle 18.5", MG steering wheel 26", small 6x8" 3-pound cast iron stove door 28".

-Ed

I Have one coming....But i didnt get because of the depth claims. The Manual says 12-15 inches on US coins in good ground. Well we all know that that leaves it at it might or might not depending on conditions. I personally think if your really bankin on 15 inches then your gonna be in for a let down. I do beleive it is possible in those perfect conditions. I think the detector has a lot more to offer than just raw depth.

That big Digger has paid for it's self on several digs. In Ohio the treasures are far and few between. I've learned you have to get there fast and furious! Get the Gold and run for the hills. There are times here in Ohio when you only have a small area to hunt, and if your not in the hole pulling out the finds , well then someone else is.
Just imagine pulling up to this old place and not having a real digger with you! Cut grass to a detectable level..get the coin, gold, relics and run!

Oh the pain of it all!

It's impossible to hunt this stuff without cutting it first. And it's a great aid to the farmer who wants to get a free grass trimmimg out of the deal! It's got me more than one or two good hunts! As you know about any homestead from the early 1900's is a grand place to hunt! There are many of these old homesteads all over Ohio. You just got to get a foot in the door!

But do a old farmer right and he'll let you go in and check the floors and walls.......There's good stuff in them walls.....Silver notes, and all!

Okay now I hope I have some good dreams tonight! You all got so fired up about that new T2 I'll never get to sleep tonight!