Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I jumped in...couldnt hold out...

Just bought a pro pack along with the 5.5x10 coil and a makro pointer.....my curiosity got the best of me! lol
Cant wait for it to get here and give it a go.

Be patient and take your time to learn and master the Racer. It's one of the best detectors I have ever used! I have also swung to the Makro, and soon the Nokta, Pointer as my hand-tool for target isolation.

Monte

Monte said:
I have also swung to the Makro, and soon the Nokta, Pointer as my hand-tool for target isolation.

Monte

Let us know your take on the Nokta pointer Monte! I haven't looked at either the Nokta or makro pointer to closely. But my buddy got the makro and isn't impressed with it for some reason. Maybe lack of depth, maybe the delay in turn on/off times? I'm not sure.

Bubba

bubbadirect said:
Let us know your take on the Nokta pointer Monte! I haven't looked at either the Nokta or makro pointer to closely. But my buddy got the makro and isn't impressed with it for some reason. Maybe lack of depth, maybe the delay in turn on/off times? I'm not sure.

Bubba
I don't have the Nokta Pointer yet, but after I get it and put it to work I'll gladly report back.

I was never a big fan of hand-held Pointers because I usually used small coils and could isolate targets easily, plus I didn't like the build quality or performance of most of them. However, as I got older and slower I did find some usefulness for them, but again, build quality and routine performance were important to me. Of the hand-help pointers I have tried or owned in recent years, I gave the White's Bullseye and Bullseye II barely passing grades and they worked okay. The last ones I had gave reasonable and working performance with improved depth over the original few I owned.

I then went to the Garrett Pro-Pointer which had a more comfortable feel to it, and performance was about on par with the last Bullseye II's I had. Ample and functional, even thought the depth or distance from the tip wasn't a braggable distance. Functional, not extreme. I did have a few reliability issues with it, but generally it was okay. I sold it and went to the White's Bullseye TRX Pin-Pointer because I felt it was more durable, it had adjustable depth, noticeably more depth [size=small](if I set it up that way)[/size], and I just seemed to like the vibration function better.

Then, along came the Makro Pointer. I like the feel of it better. It isn't as deep-seeking as the TRX, but it will match a Garrett, is better than the former BullsEyes, and with my impaired hearing I am still able to hear the speaker audio, and the pulse/vibration is strong. It is much easier to adjust the settings than the TRX, and the flashlight area is a little bigger/brighter when it's dark.

The ONLY thing I can note that others might have an issue with is turning it On or Off. I don't have a problem. It only takes an extra moment longer to turn it off, but I have had problems with some other designs not going Off when I wanted them to, and that was often because I wouldn't hear them. I like the snap-on replaceable tip pieces that help protect the Makro Pointer from wear-and-tear, and the Nokta Pointer uses the same design.

Monte

Good deal Monte! I got the TRX as well and love it, after dealing with the falsing issues if the Garrett. But it did serve me almost 2 years I guess. So hopefully the TRX will last at least 2 years as well...time will tell LOL