Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just bought this can you please help me

z8chase

I just bought this sovereign but haven't received it yet. I assume it is a predecessor to the xs2? does anyone have a good working knowledge of this product? can you tell me if it is BBS TECHNOLOGY? I owned a XS2_A and loved it but I'm wondering if this unit is as good as the xs2? better or worse? if I already had it in my hands I would just look up the model number but it just shipped today and I won't have it until next Wednesday. by the way I gave $350 for it and I wonder if it was a good price? I sold my xs2 for $425 so I'm kind of going off of that. thank you

Looks like the Sovereign Elite that came out after the XS2a and right before the GT. It was only made maybe a year or so as many that were used too the older XS series didnt like the control of the Elite as they were in a different postion. The coil looks like the old 11 inch coinsearch, but not sure as it is hard to read it, looks like it says supersearch on it, but don't remember seeing this before as I thought the 11 inch said coinsearch also, but its been a while.
The Elite was a good detector and felt it ran smoother , but to me the depth wasnt there for me like my XS or XS2.
In some of the sticky on this forum there is up top a lot of good info on all of the Sovereigns.
Good Luck with it when you get it and let us know how you are doing with it.

Rick

thanks for the reply. another guy told me that it's a FT 16000 gold detector and if that is true I know I won't be keeping it because I live in a no gold area and I'm interested mostly in coins and relics. so unless this unit is also good for silver and coins I will be looking to trade it off fairly quickly

LOL, Rick doesn't get stumped often. I took a magnified glass to take a closer look. The 16000 is an earlier model, 17000 and then the Eureka. These are decent single frequency gold detectors, which can be used to fine coins, but not as well as most conventional detectors. The Supersearch and the Coinsearch BBS coils are sometimes confused. You would probably be better off selling this detector and finding a regular detector for the parks. HH Ron