Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just can’t do it!

Plain and simple ...NOPE ! .....unless you hunt with a person who every hunt totally out hunts you with more than twice as many good items they found and one that you have come to hate for it.....NOPE !
Unless he hits a signal that your detector can't hit, no matter how you adjust it...NOPE ! Watch today finds and see what detector they use and if they post their settings along with their finds....someone who constantly has the good stuff posted.....someone you can hunt with that totally smokes you .....did I help?....NOPE !

Thanks guys, great responses. I appreciate every one of you!
I have since fallen in love with the ORX. But I still think about the old MXT Pro. I miss the tones and my DX-1. Although I have found a few things the Pro missed, it didn’t miss much. Most have been deep. Like Bob mentioned, the Pro made the curve not so bad. Digging so many iffy signals really does change your ears.
For anyone on the fence, good luck. Any machine you have is a good machine if you really learn it and dig a lot!

I started detecting in 1975, and had a Whites model all those years. I relic hunt most of the time and all of my best stuff was found with them. The relics started to die off so I tried some other brands. They were no better and I found even less. Some of my friends at my relic club talked me into a Minelab Eqinox 600 and this has been a rebirth for me. I like the light weight and easy to use and it seems good at finding coins. I have not found many relics with it though, mostly because the sites I used to hunt are gone. The first time in 45 years I dont own a Whites, and I hear they are closing; but my heart and collection will always be with Whites.

That’s awesome. I know what you mean. It was a hard decision to move on from White’s machines after 10 years but I am so glad I did. There is nothing like a re-boot to passion.