Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just can't get the hang of it

I set the machine up 4 times on the beach and sill can't get it right, and I can't get the iron disc over 9, I see you guys setting it on 30, I'm GB at 30, in the wet sand, does this seem right, never GB before this machine, I want to use it on the beach tomorrow

and it should come up with a factory iron disc of 35 in coin mode.....

just hold down the mode/power button for about 4-5 seconds with machine on and you will hear some beep's and it will reset to factory spec's...

Let us know if the iron disc come up at 35 then..custom and coin will be 35 and zero mode will be zero...

if that does not work take the batteries out while it is on then do another reset after re-installing....could have a software glitch....

Mine has a glitch I have figured out how to work around... the factory is investigating it right now...your's might be glitching also...

Keith

thank Keith, I'll try resetting it, I iron disc never got over 9 on all the setting, maybe the first time I set it up I screwed it up, when in doubt reboot

On a wet salt sand beach , your G.B. numbers should fall somewhere between 0 and 20 ............Can't help you on your Iron DISC .....Hope it works out for you .....Jim

I also believe that the pro should not remember this setting... I could be wrong. I would remove the batteries and re boot!
Good Luck

I did that and that's what I got, it's to cold up here to learn and run this, at 20 degrees and the wind on the beach, I just can't hit the buttons with my gloves on, I'll wait til it warms up a bit

From the pictures that you posted as well as the explaination of the problem, it seems to me that the Iron Disc LCD numbers on the left are not coming in fully. The tens column seems to be missing pieces of the numbers. That's why it just keeps goin' to 9 and starting over again. the one (1) from 10 through 19 doesn't show and the two (2) from twenty thru twenty nine just shows two little lines(portions of the LCD reading). Same thing with the three (3) from thirty through thirty five. Only one little line shows there. Needs to go back to Garland, TX for a fixin':wiggle:
Best of luck to ya':biggrin: Happy Hunting!:)

I'm going to look for a metallic sticker first before it goes back, I'll give it another go around, I'm dead tried , it has snowed for 4 days straight, we got over 5 feet of snow in February alone, lets go spring, I have 20 sites to try this machine out at, iron infested ones