Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just got a telemarketer to hang up on me :thumbup:

cyberdan (SoCA)

I just got a call from a telemarketer to apologise for calling and hang up on me.

That is my goal every time I get a sales pitch call (even though it is against the law to call)

After his opening line I immediately asked him what part of India he is calling from. and in his best English (probably repeated many times) He said "on no I am in Modesto CA" During his speal I had him repeat what he said many times. But he got tired of repeating and apologised and said "thank you for your vicious time" I said VICIOUS TIME? he said "no vicious! P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S! vicious" I again asked him if he knew what vicious meant and he hung up on me :wiggle:

That is two cold callers in a row.

n/t

n/t

.... so I ask them what product they are interested in so I can transfer them to the correct department. They then say they aren't interested in a product, they just want to speak to the owner or manager. I then say, "You told me it's not a sales call, and your not interested in a product, and you have no do-it-yourself question, so that means you are a liar and we don't do business with liars."

Other times, I'll just tell them I'll put them on hold until I can locate the owner / manager. Then leave them on hold. That hurts their productivity.