Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just wanna say sumpin...........

plugger

On no other forum, for any other manufacturer's machine, will you see such detailed field experiments and outcomes as for the GT, Excal and the Etrac. Most just hype their particular brand/model with no substantial analysis or really good explanation of what they did or the settings that they used to accomplish the recovery of strange or mixed targets. Personally, I love my GT and the more I hunt with it, the more I learn and the better I do. It really does "talk" to you. You just need to be patient and listen to what it is saying. I still dig "bad" targets just to re-enforce what I think I already know. Hunting with my GT is almost like a religious experience, or an early morning on the golf course when you are all alone and get to see the world wake up. I start before sunup and quit when people start to polute the scene. It's exciting to get to the beach when it's still dark and there is a fine mist in the air and you have the whole beach to yourself for a brief period of time. :cheers:

Amen! Pure poetry...

I love to read comparisons and testing info where as I've taken some heat for that in the past, but I also like to read about simple hunts and what people have found without all the tech jargon just the same. To each his own, and by my way of thinking ANY message, field test, investigation, or just plain "look what I found" is of interest to me and so I'm all for it. Maybe if people didn't have to spend so much time answering questions via stickies with links to direct people to, they've had more time to write stories about their field hunts and what they found.

Being on the beach detecting while the sun is coming up is about as good as it gets. I am going to try a night hunt next year. I hear they are fun. I have a week in Myrtle Beach coming up. I can't wait to swing away.

Big Roman site for me tomorrow....can't wait!!

I'll be watching a few hundred people enjoying themselves, and a bunch of folks walking thier dogs, in a nice Park and having a good time wondering what they are saying to each other while listenning for that BIG TARGET of the day !!.... Jim

Plugger,I drove 500 miles to hunt a prime site with my brother during a family reunion weekend.I left the Sovereign home and used another detector and fell completely flat one silver coin to my brothers 9 silver.Even the pin pointer was off.Next time I won't leave home without the Sovereign with a S-1 probe.By the way enjoyed the hunt but I have confidence the Sovereign would have done much better for me.

Plugger said:
Most just hype their particular brand/model with no substantial analysis or really good explanation of what they did or the settings that they used to accomplish the recovery of strange or mixed targets

Agreed - there is a lot of analysis and extremely useful info......and I am very grateful that people give their valuable time to provide it. I would still like to see more hunting/finds reports to go alongside it though.

goodmore said:
I am going to try a night hunt next year.

If you enjoy your first night hunt it becomes addictive, its extremely rare that I am seen on the beach detecting in daylight. On the rare occasions that I do its just because its a beach I haven't done before and I need to get my bearings, take sand level measurements and spot likely good area's - and I am a complete misery when I have to do that, never last more than an hour and I am delighted to get away and wait for the darkness.

In the summer months 90% of my hunting is from about 10pm till 3-4am or real early till 10am whatever suits best the tides as it gets real hot(95-100+), the peace and quiet helps concentration on the job in hand. During the day, too many curious kids and funny looks as if i was doing something wrong puts me off,(as you pass you see people putting hands to pockets or to neck chains to see if they are still there) the other 10% is when its raining or blowing and i have the daylight beach to myself and the odd dogwalker, about the only time i get to go into the water in summer.

Guys I am envious of being able to do a night hunt, unfortunately the area I hunt would be too dangerous to be on the beach late at night. I am forced to hunt from 07:00am - 03:00 pm as that is when the security guards are on the beach.
I am headed South to Mexico and will stay until I get 50 rings, the length of time is all dependant on the shifting sands.

Gerry

plugger said:

Just shoot me a PM. I can walk you through it via PMs if you have specific questions, but it's much faster/easier to do on the phone where I can have mine powered up and scroll through the menus with you. I really should scroll through it and write down all the stuff and then just post a How To in the battery forum. Maybe on a rainy/snowy day when I'm bored.

Im another night hunter although occasionally I will do early mornings or rarely I will do a day hunt but thats if Im desperate to go and hunt!.. Its alot safer where I live though. You dont see a soul at night! Theres something about hunting under moonlight or a headlight that I cant explain. Pure solitude and complete isolation. I can hunt without the funny looks/comments (the treasure chest is over there), kids, dogs etc etc.. I dont do water hunting though and I would never do that at night. Far too risky!!

Ron from Michigan said:
Next time I won't leave home without the Sovereign with a S-1 probe.By the way enjoyed the hunt but I have confidence the Sovereign would have done much better for me.

I use the S1 when park hunting and to me this is an awesome setup that nothing comes close too. even other pinpointers. None of them discriminate nor does the sound come through the headphones. Probably the best purchase for my sov..