Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

i learned a lesson ...........

oldranger

I was watching Dig Wars ( much better then Diggers i think) and i noticed that
some of the stuff that came out of the ground really didnt look like much .........
However it turned out to be sweet finds ,.. that got me thimking about stuff
I looked at and put in my trash bag without a second thought .SO now if
its round square recatngular or even cose to any of the above it gets a
2nd look at home...never can tell what it is till its clean ............ thats
someting i should have known on day 2 of my :detecting: !!!

Oh well im OLD thats my excuse!!!!

HH

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way :usaflag::usaa:

I dug everything when I first started and ending up throwing several 5 gallon cans of what I thought was junk in the dumpster. Lots of buckles that might have been horse harness buckles or maybe even shoe buckles. Live and learn. I didn't even think of recycling brass and other stuff I found, but have set up several buckets for this and cans and stuff I find.

I always give things a second look when I get home. Found an old appliance tag that way. Then the junk gets sorted into it's respective scrap bucket.

John

I've been seriously detecting for a yr. and 8 months. I've filled a 32 gal. trash can with my junk items. I can't lift it. My valuable finds or keepers I could fill a qt. jar. I've become more discriminating now and will pass on a lot of trash,which could be a valuable relic. I may donate my trash can to a local archaeological dept. or just try and separate it and sell it for junk.