Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I love bus stops

JimGilmore

Made it out for a while after taking the dog to the dog park I dropped him off at home and went to a local fast food restaurant and grabbed breakfast. Then went to the bus stop about a block away. It is a strip of grass the borders the sidewalk and a shopping center where many people will turn over a shopping cart on its side for a seat.
I started digging everything but decided to stop doing that and set my discrimination to about 3 o'clock on my Outlaw. This means I will miss most gold and nickles but will get most of the better coins.
I stared in very little disc. and was having a bit of trouble keeping up with the targets. I found 1 small gold ring NO markings though in the first 20 mins. I spend about an hour or a little more but was worn out by then .
14 -- Quarters- 3.50
29--- Dimes---- 2.90
9----- Nickels-- 0.45
52---Pennies---0.52
------------------------------
104 coins------ $7.37 Plus 1 uncut key with Cars on it and a small gold ring unmarked on karat.

Amazing amount of coins for a small earea.

Nice I never really thought about bus stops. I had a 100+ coin spot one time. I think someone dumped a quart jar of pennies at a local park. I just used my pro pointer and dug pennies. I probably spent more than an hour without getting up. I did get a silver ring in the same area though.

I normally ignore the z-penny signal but have to dig the copper ones in case its really a dime. On the other hand I did just cash in just over $18 in pennies at a coin star. Not all of them were from metal detecting but a bunch of them were so they can add up over time.

I have found 2 gold rings and numerous silver items that rang up as z pennies on my metered machines. Now I have to dig them all. I have gotten to the point where I just dig everything with a good repeatable beep. Nice thing about tesoro is you dont know what its likely to be until you dig it.

I'm with machineman, I've dug several pieces of jewelry that indicated or disced out as a zinc penny. I hate the darn things, but generally dig them just in case.
BB

machineman said:
I have found 2 gold rings and numerous silver items that rang up as z pennies on my metered machines. Now I have to dig them all. I have gotten to the point where I just dig everything with a good repeatable beep. Nice thing about tesoro is you dont know what its likely to be until you dig it.

I do well id'ing targets before they are dug .My brother was impressed with that ability .