Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Love My Equinox 600!!

john4840

I took my Equinox 600 for a short hunt after work, to a old ball field that is carpeted with iron and other junk items. I intentionally went to the worst area where I have not pulled a deep coin up for years. Today I pulled 6 coins (clad dime, 4 memorial cents, and 2 wheat cents) out with the Equinox all next to iron and 7 to 8 inches deep. This is a great detector and it goes deep.

john4840 said:
I took my Equinox 600 for a short hunt after work, to a old ball field that is carpeted with iron and other junk items. I intentionally went to the worst area where I have not pulled a deep coin up for years. Today I pulled 6 coins (clad dime, 4 memorial cents, and 2 wheat cents) out with the Equinox all next to iron and 7 to 8 inches deep. This is a great detector and it goes deep.

Trash and iron are our new best friends lol

I picked up a 800 a week ago and love the light weight. The Equinox is wonderful for those of us with bad backs. I found three clad quarters within 10 minutes of turning it on the first time in an area that I thought was hunted out. My son borrowed it and asked me to find him a 600. I found two dealers that had one coming in soon and got on both dealer lists. Now I have have two 600s coming in tomorrow. I do not know what I am going to do with the extra 600 but I will not try to sell it for more than I paid as a lot of folks are trying to do. I will more than likely hold on to it until I can list it here in the classifieds. If my son's 600 performs as well as my 800, I might sell my 800.

Can i buy your 800 i want to list it for 1500 and see if anyone bites

I hunted with the 600 in Park 1, 5 tones, in all metal mode so I could here the iron. The one thing I notice is that I DID NOT MISS A SMALLER COIL. The Equinox would lock on the target no problem with the 11 inch coil. By the way the depth reading was accurate on the coins, but when I dug a 8 inch 12 nickel signal, it turned out to be a bent beaver tail at 4. I can understand that, most detectors (if not all) have depth reading trouble with that. So this misconception that the depth reading sucks on Equinox is not true. I can't imagine the Equinox with a 6 inch coil. Also the place I hunted is covered with old rusty steel bottles caps and I didn't have a problem with those. At lease so far. The recovery speed is perfect for my needs. This a great metal detector for the price.

Just an FYI tip- the shaft can be too long for many people and make it seem nose heavy. I think every one of the 20 some detectors I have used I set to the longest shaft length, but the 'Nox I had to shorten 2 notches to feel right. Give that a look, its easy to pass up checking this. I like the extra swing coverage of a longer shaft, but balance is key to perceived weight and less fatigue.

The Miccus aptx Bluetooth Headphones are identical to the Minelab phones that ship with the 800. I bought a pair of refurbished Miccus aptx Bluetooth Headphones for $39 and just paired them with my son's 600 that arrived today. They work great and look like new. Do a goggle search for refurbished Miccus aptx Bluetooth Headphones and you will find them, although I just noticed the price is now $49.

Looking forward to getting mine Just traded My AT Pro in towards one Been hearing good things on the 600

I hope it's a good bit better than the at pro.i will get a 800 in the mail Monday found it Wednesday in Montana and my hope is the equinox is truly better at separation and deeper I'm keeping my pro to water hunt though it's found my plenty of buttons and bullets of the civil war variety since November and for my first detector I can't complain but this equinox hype has made me crazy in the mad scramble to get my hands on one before may.lol good luck to all

Joedaddy276 said:
I hope it's a good bit better than the at pro.i will get a 800 in the mail Monday found it Wednesday in Montana and my hope is the equinox is truly better at separation and deeper I'm keeping my pro to water hunt though it's found my plenty of buttons and bullets of the civil war variety since November and for my first detector I can't complain but this equinox hype has made me crazy in the mad scramble to get my hands on one before may.lol good luck to all
I can't say it's better than an at pro since I have never used one. In heavy iron and trash it is better than my sovereign and my explorer se pro I sold.

I've had an orginal AT pro and got clad quarters at 9-10 inches in red clay soil, had a Sov. Elite that did not do that well. Now considering Nox 600 or At Pro Max