Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I love that yellow stuff!!! 14K necklace!

Goldstrike

Had lots of fun on the beach today here in SoCal. We have drought conditions so with this hot weather, the beach is a great place to metal detect! Finding this 10.83 gram 14K necklace in the sand was a very welcome find and a nice addition to my gold collection!!!! HH everyone!!!

Nice! Thats one of the strongest and most expensive chains you can buy. What machine did you use?

I use a Safari in the dry and an ATPro in the wet. I found this chain with my Safari in A.M. so no discrim with a stock coil although I usually use a 15" WOT. Sens around 18 and as you know, chains are extremely hard to pick up on most all detectors so I listen for those scratchy iffy signals.

Nice! If you are planning on keeping it....I would put a "lobster" clasp on it The clasp thats on it now...could be the reason why they lost it.

That is one nice hunk of gold there. I bet that made the heart pound a little harder when you saw that. I agree about putting a good clasp on it if you plan on keeping it.
We all know that something like that is very hard to find.. Good job. You know your detector very well.... KEN

That's a beaut GS. Good score with the safari.A gold chain is my list this year,never got past a bracelet yet. Nothing but cold here in Fla.,beaches are empty....and I hate cold!!
keep at it....GL

Thanks so much guy's! I love to share my finds and equally love to see you all share your finds so keep posting ok!! I really hope the warmer weather comes very soon to those living in the colder areas of the country so you can also get out soon and enjoy this great hobby. One of my 2 married daughters lives in Illinois and gives me updates on the cold weather back there so I know exactly what your going through. It won't last forever though and Spring is not too far away!!! H.H.:detecting:

Goldstrike, great find there,buddy, Nice to see the Safari sniff out another SoCal beauty for you. Keep at it while many of us are going stir crazy, only able to clean our 2013 finds until the thaw. I know you hunt in AM, do you recall the tdi on that beauty ?

Very impressive!:clap:

Roughly 238 bucks in scrap gold!!! Not that I'm telling you to scrap it, just to get a perspective. That's awesome, my best gold find so far was a white gold cross about 2 weeks ago. I've been detecting the beach for 2 months and I found a 14k ring on the first of the year, pretty cool but not a hunk of yellow like yours!