Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I love this time of year......

A

Anonymous

Finally got some time to clean and roll my clad from last year. Wife bought me an electric coin counter, really saves time! And I cleaned my clad in a big bucket of water and muratic acid, got all the odd colors and green off of them, nice and silver looking now, only took about 10 minutes.
Total for last year excluding pennies as I haven't counted them yet, is $160.00, not bad, can use it for something fun.
Good luck to all,
-Rich

Nice amount of change! I purchased a tumbler a couple of years ago and at the end of the season I would clean all my coins and roll them, and take them to the bank. I would spend a couple of days cleaning and rolling.
Then along came Commerce bank. All I had to do was take the bucket of uncleaned coins dump them in a coin machine hopper that counted the coins and then gave me a receipt which I take to the teller and collect my paper cash. What a time saver! Check if you have a Commerce bank in your area. I was in NJ at the time but have since moved to DE. and I'm not sure if there are any Commerce banks in this area.
Happy hunting!

How much was the coin counter? Where from? What's the recipe for the muriatic acid and the "how to"? Where did you get that?
I like the sound of the 10 minutes thing better than (what did is take for Max?) 8 hours in a tumbler or whatever. And I don't have a tumbler anyway. I take mine to the bank these days and they charge a lot less than the Coinstar, but they still charge. And I usually just wash the stuff off as I go, with warm water and detergent, and throw it all in a box until I get enough to cash in. But your way seems good.

They change a small percentage of your coins that added up. Convenient too.
Finder's keepers,
Ina

I filled the bucket up with water so that there was about two inches over the coins, then I poured about two cups of acid into the bucket and stirred it up with a stick. I was using a white, 5 gallon bucket.
Make sure you don't get any pennies in with your silver clad or else it will turn them pink.
Hope this helps,
-Rich

Dude,
I just dumped all of my clad into a 5 gallon plastic bucket, filled it with water so that there was about two inches of water over the coins, then I just poured about two, maybe three cups of muratic acid in. Got a wooden stick and stirred the coins around a few times....nice and easy. You can get the muratic acid at Lowes or Home Depot. It's the same acid brick masons use to clean brick.
Make sure you get any pennies in with your clad or else they will turn the other coins pink!
I can't remember for sure where my wife got the coin counter, but I think they have them at Wal-Mart, I'll double check when she gets home.
See you soon,
-Rich

The Coin machines in Commerce Bank are FREE! To anyone, you do not even have to have an account with them.

The Winn Dixie supermarket here in Orlando I go to has one.very handy to get rid of all that next to worthless coinage.
They gov should bring out more high coinage and do away with the dollar bill!