Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I love trash!

Metal Magnet

I have loved the Deus for deep targets, but boy oh boy - I really love trash now! I think I have figured hunting in trash. I get to go back and clean up all the things other detectorists couldnt. Really impressed.

First hunt was farmhouse with lots of EMI, trash, iron, etc. Second was insanely trashy picnic area. Grabbed a silver rosie from packed trash area - ring, coins, silver earring with CZ.

So.... enlighten us about settings or anything else you deem important so we can also figure out hunting in trash like you are.
Thanks

martygene said:
So.... enlighten us about settings or anything else you deem important so we can also figure out hunting in trash like you are.
Thanks

Honestly, I run as wide open as I can, in full tones. If I can get away with zero discrim, I do it. In some places, you just can't b/se the audio feedback is so tiring, lol. But I have found I can really tell the target differentiation if I run more open. That was key for me. The full tones also really helped. I know some people don't like running that way, but I like as much information as I can get, without being overwhelming. I was easily able to determine bottle caps and other pesky junk this way. Nothing earth shattering, but I really helped me. sens. was at 85, 12khz, full tones, zero discrim (upped a little if I couldn't take the chatter), no notching (again, unless I couldn't take the chatter). Lowering the sensitivity, using 12khz, and lowering TX gain also helped me with EMI. I do a lot of tweaking in the field to make the experience better and test, test, test.

HH.

Metal Magnet said:
martygene said:
Thanks

Honestly, I run as wide open as I can, in full tones. If I can get away with zero discrim, I do it. In some places, you just can't b/se the audio feedback is so tiring, lol. But I have found I can really tell the target differentiation if I run more open. That was key for me. The full tones also really helped. I know some people don't like running that way, but I like as much information as I can get, without being overwhelming. I was easily able to determine bottle caps and other pesky junk this way. Nothing earth shattering, but I really helped me. sens. was at 85, 12khz, full tones, zero discrim (upped a little if I couldn't take the chatter), no notching (again, unless I couldn't take the chatter). Lowering the sensitivity, using 12khz, and lowering TX gain also helped me with EMI. I do a lot of tweaking in the field to make the experience better and test, test, test.

HH.
That program will flat out do it found some of the best finds of my life with it in the trash. I run sen at 86 tx1 and 90 tx2 when it thins out a little. it is noisey but you can flat pick the good targets out.

Thanks for the validation on that! Yes, i do the same thing with the sens. and tx. noisy, but gosh, can it pick out the goods! part of the problem i find is that folks dont want to slow down. do less work and find more stuff i say!

shhh! be quite they might figure it out. let them keep their little quite programs with all their discrimination .more goodies for us,

I have my deep program set up the same way with full tones and the only difference is the reactivity is on 1. kept getting alot of feedback from the ground so I bumped discrim up to 1 and that fixed the problem. It will hit iron but stopped the ground noise not an issue when the reactivity is on 3.