Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I might be done for the year....

MT_VertCaver

It was/is 8 degrees F this morning....no snow.
:thumbdown:

At least I got to test my "new to me" base layers/jacket/ski pants last night when it was 14F.:rolleyes:

Last winter we had 1 feet of snow by now and darn cold,but this year is a big contrast. +14 Celsius today...record since 130 years back!! Well thanks for that.:)...

Mike the Swede

Still pretty nice here in lower Michigan, but my detecting time is being seriously cut into by Bambi killing and wood cutting, preparing for winter.
Just the other day I got hit right in the ear with a wet snowflake just before I dug a '52 Georgie. The end of season is near.

Brrrr

Not quite that cold here, but cold nights are freezing the ground. By the time it warms up it is time for work. So my hunting may also be done for the year too.

Jeff

Here in Western Illinois, just bought a pair of thermal underwear and will swing until the white stuff covers the ground.
HH
Chuckciao

It's cold and wet here in the PNW (pacific north west). It mainly rains here in the Vancouver area. So this summer we put a gazebo(sp?) in the backyard for shade. Well I keep the yard trimmed under it and it works great for me and my boy to keep dry under it. We haven't moved it since 3 months ago so the ground is still dry even with the last month of rain. It works really well as a grid and we still haven't cleaned out this first grid. I just found the door to a old stove 8-9inches deep. For people in rainy or sunny area it's the beez neez. They cost $79 at Walmart and will pay for it's self the first few times your needing your swing fix. Now the cold, can't help you there but maybe you can make like a ice fishing hut they use out east with no bottom. Then could detect in your shorts and wife beater. Or just hibernate like my wife, she's part bear.