Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I,,,Miss,,,,My,,,,,Tejon!!!!

bleeohio

Man, I sold my hot tejon to my brother and purchased a new f70. I haven't even used it yet and I'm already missing my tejon........I do have my high tone vaquero to fall back on as it will be buried with me, but, will I be shunned by the Tesoro brotherhood??? Or is there still time to redeem myself? Do I sell a kidney on the black market and pick up a new tejon? Do I take my chances and set the f70 under the wifes back tires so when she backs over it I can try to guilt her into a new machine????? Other than counciling,,,what are my options,,,,,,,,,,,,,:stretcher:

How about giving the F70 a fair shake? Since the deal is done you might as well make the best of it. If you still miss the Tejon just simply offer to trade your F70 for a Tejon in the classifieds.

say I am a secret fan of the F-70 never used one but i would chose that one just no cash for it . I got a bliss tool cuz it was deeper, never tried the Tejon but it looks like a very interesting tesoro ,

I was torn between a F70 and a Tejon, but went with the Tejon after reading the e-book Mastering the Tesoro Vaquero and Tejon. I love the Tejon and being a Tesoro user it was easy to learn. I think you need to give your new F70 some time and a fair chance. After that I like the kidney option! Buy a compadre and all will be forgiven.

bleeohio said:
Man, I sold my hot tejon to my brother and purchased a new f70. I haven't even used it yet and I'm already missing my tejon........I do have my high tone vaquero to fall back on as it will be buried with me, but, will I be shunned by the Tesoro brotherhood??? Or is there still time to redeem myself? Do I sell a kidney on the black market and pick up a new tejon? Do I take my chances and set the f70 under the wifes back tires so when she backs over it I can try to guilt her into a new machine????? Other than counciling,,,what are my options,,,,,,,,,,,,,:stretcher:

I don't know about fellow bothers of the Tesoro clan, but I give you 3 strikes. This is one strike so 2 left before being banished forever. You also receive 1 get out of jail free card to take care of one strike of your choice. For every Tesoro you own you receive 1 get out of jail free card. Every puchase of a new Tesoro from 7/5/14 you will receive 2 get out of jail free cards. So enjoy the the free card but don't let it happen again.:rant::rofl:

Wow.... I dont know what to tell you...OK so Im a huge fan of the Teeboys, learned a hell of a lot from their Forum, most probably a latent Teeboy myself, for I like light, fast, simple, and surgical machines...Just so happens though, I'm a guest on their Forum, tolerated only for my humor and generous accolades on their finds, possibly targeted as a future recruit...To date, I do not own a Tesoro, still, I feel we are kindred spirits in our quest for metal... I have an F70...you pop that baby in DP tones, and hang the hell on is all I'm sayin'...not comparing, just saying you should at least give it a fair shake...I am available for advice as if!...
Mud

Also, dont be too hard on yourself, Sellers remorse? :shrug: are you a danged hippy or something and feel that macrame necklace you spent a week making isnt worth 20 dollars? Perhaps you would feel more comfortable with the Minelab tribe? Those guys will buy anything as long as it says Minelab!:rofl:

At least you SOLD it to your Brother, and he didnt just take it or steal it from you. Which leads me to believe you are the Older brother,:thumbup: If so, its incumbent upon you to teach your youngers about what a good freakin' looks like, so they dont marry wrong, buy crappy cars off Craigslist, etc. Besides, from the sounds of it, he probably needed a good freakin'...So as an older Brother, well versed in Freakin' my youngers, heres my advice,...

Tell him the F70 is hot as hell and twice the rig of the Tejon! (which is probably true in a sense.:rofl:)...then, act like you let him get you drunk, (on beer he bought) and 'trade' the 70 to him for the Tejon plus cash! Act like you are doing him a favor, are ignorant, drunk, got into some gambling trouble, need the money, are twice as dumb as he is, (most likely!) whatever! etc. :rofl: Tell him the 70 hits gold and silver so hard, it puts dents in it!....See? Its all about marketing and can be a win-win for everybody!

You get your Tejon back plus cash, and beer, and he gets to dialog with ME up on the Fisher Forum about the F70! Talk about a good old fashioned FREAKIN'! That poor bastard wont know what hit him after I have a go! He will think he's on the Waffle House menu once I get done slathering, scattering, smothering, and covering his huevos, about threshold, tones, notch, disc, proportional modulated audio and all...! I'll give him the good old Aunt Jemima treatment for you, and spatula slap the flapjacks outta that SOB! That way, you can go about acting all innocent and let me do the dirty work! Whaddaya Say? Oh, by the way, I have a magic Genie coin and some magic beans for sale down on the accessory Forum you might be interested in if you brother falls for this! Its sort of like an extended warrantee, or undercoating, what we call 'upselling' to a hot mark with dough!:rofl: that said, I'll trade you a used Cobra Beach Magnet for that damned F70 of yours...maybe even toss in an Fpoint to make it even..:rofl:.
Mud

( you put down a real funny post, and this is of course an attempt at carrying some humor through the day!) Not intended to offend anybody, well, except maybe the Minelab guys...those snooty sumguns and their 'multi freq' top of the line imported gear!) seems a fellow needs to drive a Rolls Royce to even get into their Country Club as a caddy!

phsycotic,,,not sure which yet.lol.. Yep , I'm the older brother. And I've already dug my hole, as I told him the tejon would slam 18 inch coins without hesitation. Heck even dig em for ya if'n you give it a chance.
I don't think threats will work as he's a 6-1 275pd Marine. Although I'm 6-1 and 245pd, an ex amt. boxer, I think we're both to ugly to garner a pay per view payday. That and I'm over 50 so no one wants to pay good money to watch a has been suck wind and turn shades of blue...
I've been playing with the 70 and while it seems a deep sucker, I'm not sold on it yet. My Tesoro man card is still up to date as I did buy another tejon so disaster averted for now. I think I've been using the tesoros for so long that I just understand it's mojo. While your awesome trade offer of the beach magnet is sooo hard to resist, I must decline for lack of beaches in my zip code.

Fleabay banned my kidney auction so I may have to opt for putting the f70 on instead (dang rules), had some bids even......If we could get tab to auction off that genie, he'd make a fortune I believe.
I'm just not clicking with the 70, old habits die hard I guess. Farm field sites will be opening up in a month or so and that's where I do most of my hunting. Looks like me and my two kidneys will be swingin tesoros again.....all is right with the world.... hh

I hear ya! Once a guy gets in sync with a rig, its hard to try to switch...and the F70 can be a tough one to learn and take to...I had no choice, it was the first one I ever got, and HAD to learn it, or be a complete failure...:sadwalk:

I will say this, I think it is similar to Tesoros in many respects, very light, nice audio, etc...maybe someday I will get a Tesoro of some sort, mainly to pitch in here on your Forum as a brother instead of a guest...but I really hate to try to learn anything new once I have something else mastered...well, If I had any disposable income at the moment, I'd drive on down and buy that 70 off of you so I can have a backup...of course that would open me up to a good old timey Aunt Jemima freakin...what with you being alot bigger and tougher than me!.:rofl:..what coil does it have? The Wife is having her annual Garage Sale later this week, and I might just be able to dump my collection of Beanie Babies off on someone, or maybe a few macrame necklaces I knitted up this winter!...
Mud

Careful Mudd, I can swing my walker around like a set of nunchuks........:starwars: The 70 has the 11 in. dd coil. Thought if I was gonna f@#$#k up, might as well go all the way,,,right???

I have the sharpshooter coil on the vaq. and like it a lot. Thinking of a nel hunter coil for the tejon now for the open ground. Sadly, the 70 must go to finance the coil. And I know I should give the f70 more time to grow on me as I know it's a good rig. With retirement close at hand I guess I just want to settle in and hunt. hh

You can sell a possessed chucky doll on the bay but not a fully functional body part. ???? :surrender: Sorry bout the coffee..