Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I missed some targets close to ones I found

Yesterday I was hunting and used the HOT program with my Deus and found some modern coins. I was just trying out the HOT program I just downloaded. After I covered a certain area I used my Etrac to see how well I did. I am baffled because I followed the same track and saw where I dug targets with the Deus and when I went over the same holes with the Etrac I found more coins I had missed with the Deus. I am talking about coins within 4 to 5 inches from where I had just recovered a coin with the Deus. I should not have missed them as they were not that close together nor that deep. It looked like two coin spills but the Deus only found the one coin in each hole. I sorta wished I would have gone back to the car to get the Deus when I discovered the Etrac found the coins I missed. Maybe I did something wrong but I doubt it. I have been using the Deus for 3 years so am familiar with it and my ground here in Michigan is very good. And I always check my holes and the area around it just for this reason. So what gives?

Whatever the reason you missed them, it shows why no site is ever truly hunted out. HH jim tn

Perhaps had you started with the Etrac you'd have had the same result?

I hunt a park near me and have hunted it many times with many different detectors. The last time I went to the park I found a silver Merc, less than 2" deep in an area about a foot from the sidewalk and I KNOW I have been over this same area several times. Why had I not found this glaring signal before? Because, as others have said, you never get it all! Also, in your case, there may be a setting or two on the Deus that you have set that is not right for the area you are detecting. I am new to the Deus but it didn't take me long to discover how one setting can throw off another setting. I will be learning the Deus for quite some time. I figure you have this problem and will get it figured out. I am not totally sold on those 'hot' programs for coins. The Deus is already hot and I can see where other targets could cause masking of good targets on these hot programs. I think I may get out and give a whirl on one of them hot programs. I tried one a few days ago but the trashy park caused so much noise that my brain almost couldn't take it.

its not really going to do well with no disc in an aluminium & beer cap laden park looking for silver , unless I am missing something it just doesn't see through all the crap too well to deeper silver, but I am all eyes if someone has a program for that :biggrin:

I do see it shine in iron where the minelabs run away from and whacking lower conductors hunting gold in that zinc & down range, but like I said to my mate give me 5 years and I will tell you what I think and for it to get the 5 year nod is a huge compliment as not many get that with me...

so many more hours of listening fiddling and digging to do :biggrin:

its not a minelab in short and I probably would buy a minelab if looking for silver in a modern park as in a layer of aluminium and beer caps..

but happy to be shown to be wrong on that last statement :biggrin:

AJ

beepsilver said:
Perhaps had you started with the Etrac you'd have had the same result?
Yes