Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

i need a new coil for my excal.

seeker41

sef or nel ?? any advice is apreciated!!!!

how does either one perform in the water/surf? sensitivity, weight, ease of use in the surf???

im thinking of getting anywhere from a 10x12 up to a 12x15,.....the 13 inch nel looks like a good size!

thanks,
chuck.

I would think really large coils are harder to swing and pinpoint with in the water. Personally I have the 12 x 10 SEF coil on my sovereign and I absolutely love it.

I agree Goodmore.... the 10" standard is about all i want out there after 6 hours and i live on the Gulf. The other side of the island would be CRAZY with a big coil. Wet/dry sand i use the 13" on a Sov. I will say from using the SEF on the Explorer and now the 13" i think the SEF would swing a bit better. You will have to reduce the sensitivity some in salt water to keep from overpowering the coil. In the surf..... any large coil will want to flip on you unless you use a loop support. Thats going to cause GB loose and you will get falsing.

Dew

thanks guys. i have used the 10x12 over here in the surf without much of a problem! was wondering how the new nel coils compare to the detech coils ?

chuck.

I dont know Chuck.... but i sure like the look of them. Wish they would make an 8"..... id find out then.

Dew