Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I need help deciding between 2 models

amustel

[size=medium][size=large][size=large]Hi everybody, just returning to the hobby after a long hiatus...and I see 2 offers that tempt me: first one is the Teknetics Patriot (I understand it is same a Fisher F70) brand new from factory for $400; second offer is a Fisher F44, that includes extra 4" coil and some other minor accessories, for $349. Both with 5 years warranty. I am not into relics, just coin shooting and jewelry, mainly parks, tot lots and some old homes. Which one of the above would you recommend and why? Thank you in anticipation![/size][/size][/size]

Teknetics Patriot without hesitation. I don't have an F70 or Patriot myself but a lot of experienced people in this forum love it for everything you might want to find. Pay the extra $50 and get the Patriot.

I did own an F44 at one time and can't say I enjoyed it much. I liked the back light and the fact that it was rain resistant but that's about it. The F5 or Omega are much better low frequency models than the F44 IMHO.

Listen to dfmike. Spend the extra $50 on the Patriot. It is well worth it and out-performs the F44 by a fair margin.

F44 is well worth the $350 in my opinion...but the Patriot is worth much more than the $50 extra you will spend.

Patriot... Hands down!!!!!!!! Won't be giving mine anytime soon....

Patriot all day every day.
Way more settings if needed and more penetrating power too.

Thanks for the post and the info.

Patriot here...nothing against the 44 just don't know anything about it. Patriot is a lot of machine for the $$ IMHO

Wait ... in that price range you can get a used Fisher F-75 SE or LTD and that (in my humble opinion) would be a better detector that either of those two.

No transfer of warranty on most of the old F75's...that might be important to some.
The F75, T2, F70/Patriot are all built on the same platform, same core engine just with different programming.
I prefer the F70/Patriot platform because I can control the thresh in disc, others like the DST and extra programs on upgraded F75's which don't really interest me.
Different strokes for different folks.

Besides, this is an old thread, he got the Patriot back in February and then traded it away

I have a Fisher F70 and love it it is a great machine, you can buy a machine costing you 2000 bucks or pounds and it will still detect trash and where this trash there's gold or silver I hit on a dealership UK that sells the detector DEUS XP and the guy using one of these machines thought he hit on a bottle cap and the bottle cap he thought he had detected actually turned out to be a gold roman coil DEUS is a pricey detector.... and at the end of the day no matter what machine you have you must get to know its weakness and strengths